Thread: Really Good Solo

User Info Menu

Default Really Good Solo

Remember this ?

Peart on Letterman in June, 2011.............The Time Machine Tour would end the next month..............Rock -- eKit -- Big Band Swing..............

Good job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz3D-tnyQ1A
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Default Re: Really Good Solo

Yup. I just wish I could see him live again. I missed r40 and I still can't get over it. After seeing that they went all classic with the double necks and double bass kit, I felt even worse. Please come back!
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    Yup. I just wish I could see him live again. I missed r40 and I still can't get over it. After seeing that they went all classic with the double necks and double bass kit, I felt even worse. Please come back!
    I missed the r40 tour too Mike but I caught the "Snakes and Arrows" in '07 with my wife, which was her first Rush concert and the drum solo was just amazing!

I didn't know Peart used a double bass kit for r40 tour. Looking at the birdseye shot of the tour kit, I don't see the typical 14" tom which is usually right smack in front of him?

User Info Menu

Amazing solo!

User Info Menu

I know this will sound crazy to most... I like his drumming I just don't love it. And I HATE how high he puts those high toms. Even he couldn't play them without smacking the rims up and the beginning of his solo.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    I missed the r40 tour too Mike but I caught the "Snakes and Arrows" in '07 with my wife, which was her first Rush concert and the drum solo was just amazing!

I didn't know Peart used a double bass kit for r40 tour. Looking at the birdseye shot of the tour kit, I don't see the typical 14" tom which is usually right smack in front of him?

Although the kit is a classic, it seems very uncomfortable. The ride is in a very far tight spot, and the crashes just seem out of place. Not to mention the concert toms higher than his head.
    Last edited by FlyByNight; 06-11-2016 at 11:15 PM.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Gina Schok on Letterman was the greatest episode ever. It was back in the Anton Fig days. Anton suggested she fill in with the band, Dave wouldn't mind. Well, she sat in just in time for the top ten. Not all drummers can play a decent buzz roll and Gina was no exception. She had a complete meltdown, botched the whole segment, and Dave Letterman in his empathetic wisdom centres her out, "where is Anton? And " why don't you go back and play with your Bangle friends". This really sucks for Gina because she plays with the Go Go's.
    click to see my kit re-veneer/finish
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...168#post379168

User Info Menu

I love the Drum solo days on letterman.. Seeing Gaving Harrison on there is what made me finally buy a kit..

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Icetech View Post
    I love the Drum solo days on letterman.. Seeing Gaving Harrison on there is what made me finally buy a kit..
    I missed Gavin's appearance on Letterman...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    I missed Gavin's appearance on Letterman...

Amazing solo. I always like his style. His double bass techniques are incredible

-Mike

User Info Menu

Very tasteful.
    Those Sonor toms are tuned so musically.
    Great performance.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)