Thread: Another Update

User Info Menu

Default Another Update

I put a set of Mustang GT wheels and tires (255-40-19 Z and 275-40-19 Z) on my 'Stang. Had them brought down from Jersey where my friend who works for Ford got me a great deal on them, and a trucker friend of his had to drop a trailer off in Pennsy and then was bobtailin' all the way to South Carolina. Down 81 to 77 and for $75, he dropped them right at my driveway. Put them on Friday night and could barely walk yesterday. The up and down killed my knees. Better so far today, but I have to have the brace on my left knee.

Had the tune done over. Dropped my 0-60 time to 5.1. I still have to get my 1/4 mile times which should be in the area of 12.3-5 at 105-106 MPH.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Another Update

Looks awesome Rick.

User Info Menu

That looks really good. Nice!!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

That is one bad Mustang!!

User Info Menu

I liked the factory wheels, but those look great....even better I think. Gives it a more sinister look. Nice job. Maybe I'll be able to trade my 04 in on a new one someday.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Slobber

User Info Menu

This is my 2015 50th anniversary edition.

User Info Menu

Very nice cars!
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Legerdemaine View Post
    This is my 2015 50th anniversary edition.

Very Nice!!!

This is my 9th 'Stang, and this generation is the best built ever.

User Info Menu

It's definitely the best engineered and most well-rounded as well. I parked next to new to a brand new GT350 a few weeks back. It's looks were mesmerizing...but the sound of that flat-plane crank when the guy left the parking lot gave me goosebumps. Literally.
    -Brian

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    It's definitely the best engineered and most well-rounded as well. I parked next to new to a brand new GT350 a few weeks back. It's looks were mesmerizing...but the sound of that flat-plane crank when the guy left the parking lot gave me goosebumps. Literally.

I drove 1 several months ago. Awesome cars.

THIS is the ultimate Mustang.

User Info Menu

You make my heart swoon everytime you post pics of your new 'stang. I'm a lifelong GM guy with one secret obsession - the Ford Mustang.

This time I'm going to blast you, though - those black wheels just suck the life out of a beautiful car. It's a simple mistake. Automotive "designers" have succeeded in brainwashing the public into thinking that black is a mean-looking color. It's not. It looks cheap and devoid of creativity and the excitement that only color can bring to sexy shapes. Repent of this sin, and turn away from it. Now, do the former works of righteousness toward your idol.

GeeDeeEmm

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gdmoore28 View Post
    You make my heart swoon everytime you post pics of your new 'stang. I'm a lifelong GM guy with one secret obsession - the Ford Mustang.

This time I'm going to blast you, though - those black wheels just suck the life out of a beautiful car. It's a simple mistake. Automotive "designers" have succeeded in brainwashing the public into thinking that black is a mean-looking color. It's not. It looks cheap and devoid of creativity and the excitement that only color can bring to sexy shapes. Repent of this sin, and turn away from it. Now, do the former works of righteousness toward your idol.

GeeDeeEmm

GD, to be perfectly honest with you, I have thought the same thing 1 day, and the next day I look at it different.

My friend in Jersey who found the wheels and tires called me several weeks ago about them. It seems that a guy bought a black on black on black 'Stang. His wife/gf thought it was too much black so he bought different wheels and tires and I got these for $800 and the $75 for the trucker to drop them at my house. They had about 50 miles on them, and anyway you cut it, they were a steal.

I have a couple of ways to go with this. Put the stock set back on, look for a swap, sell them outright and by a new set, or, as somebody said, find a stripe kit that goes on the side of the car to break up all the white.
    Last edited by rickthedrummer; 06-16-2016 at 11:13 PM. Reason: ===

User Info Menu

The black looks good with the white. It looks "race car".....function over style. Contrast but clean. So many cars today are styled with the opposite in mind. I wouldn't add any side stripes. BUT.....I'm thinking red or yellow brake calipers front & back, peeking subtly through those black wheels would really set it off. A touch of color to break the black expanse of the wheel wells, but it would draw attention to the mechanical aspects of the car and a performance theme, not just visual.
    -Brian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    The black looks good with the white. It looks "race car".....function over style. Contrast but clean. So many cars today are styled with the opposite in mind. I wouldn't add any side stripes. BUT.....I'm thinking red or yellow brake calipers front & back, peeking subtly through those black wheels would really set it off. A touch of color to break the black expanse of the wheel wells, but it would draw attention to the mechanical aspects of the car and a performance theme, not just visual.
    Now, there's a good idea! To my aged eyes, the unbroken white-ness of that beautiful body is not a problem at all. Even at that, I like the stripes that cross over the front fenders and become broken lines as they descend. The car looks stunning as is, but I'm just not a fan of the current black out trend. Not at all.

GeeDeeEmm
    Last edited by gdmoore28; 06-17-2016 at 12:29 PM.

User Info Menu

I understand the uneasiness over black wheels. It can sometimes make the car look like its on blocks and someone stole the wheels. I had that problem when I put a set of used wagon spoke wheels on my F250. I ended up putting a red pinstripe around the wheel lip, chrome lug nuts and painted the brake drums, hub spindles, etc., flat grey. BIG improvement! It made the wheels stand out and not look like it was in the middle of a tire rotation, LOL.
    -Brian