Thread: Zildjian Custom A 17" Crash

User Info Menu

Default Zildjian Custom A 17" Crash

The new cymbal arrived yesterday afternoon so I added it to the kit (with two different options) and the final conclusion is that I chose the correct cymbal to fill the void I had in my array...............but. like most of you, I am picky about my selections.

This cymbal is the largest crash I have in my current set-up and it definitely has the lowest pitch but the brilliance of the Custom A series is perfect for the hole I needed to fill.

Thanks to all for advice and opinion..............DC is a great place.

Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Default Re: Zildjian Custom A 17" Crash

Very nice! Would you polish often? How anal are you about fingerprints and stick marks? Reason why I'm asking is that my 16" A Custom crash is my go to crash and I use it for songs like "Eye of the Tiger" where the song opens with the cymbal chokes and inevitably, usually the guitar player, is off on the count and we do it over and over and by the end of the night, my 16" brilliant finish is caked with my fingerprints. My nylon tips tend to leave stick marks on brilliant finish cymbals too. I know you use the same right? Thanks...

User Info Menu

Default Re: Zildjian Custom A 17" Crash

I have a 14" A Custom now.............I polish on occasion............I don't choke that one very often............there is a 16" medium-thin Dark K sitting next to it that gets the choke treatment, when needed.

This 17" will sit behind the larger 18FT at the far right end of the kit............that cymbal always rings full and never gets choked............I expect a minimum problem with fingerprints, etc. with this new cymbal.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)