A few weeks ago I purchased a new Gibraltar "oversized" motorcycle throne with backrest. With a 20% off coupon, it cost just over $100. My old throne was a Gibraltar 9600 round-top. Both thrones share the exact same threaded post base, and both are built like a German tank. I was never happy with the round-top 9600. I found the padding TOO soft and lacking support & stability. It caused my lower back muscles to stay tense in order to maintain a stable posture. In addition, the soft padding and round shape would cut off the circulation in the back of my thighs. By the second set of a gig, I would have to stand up between songs due to numbness in my legs. My lower back would also start to hurt.

I'm happy to report; the new MC version is fantastic. Firm support, great mobility and very ergonomic. Being able to lean back on the back rest provides a very stable position and much more ergonomic in terms of playing. I honestly think it IMPROVED my playing. Even after a 4hr gig, I had ZERO back, hip or leg pains.

There are a few "cons";
1) Weight. This thing is heavy to carry around
2) The backrest is easily adjustable, but NOT easily removed. As a result, it will not fit in my Roadrunner hardware bag without complete disassembly. A little more engineering would have resulted in a more gig-friendly product.
3) Because you lean back on the backrest, one of the three base legs need to be pointing back. This means the other two legs can interfere with optimum placement of the snare stand, bass pedal & hat stand.

All said, the "cons" are a small price to pay for the low cost, high comfort and solid construction.