Thread: Yamaha Stage Custom 2016

User Info Menu

Default Yamaha Stage Custom 2016

Hi All, I'm new to the forum... I've seen and heard a few SC kits , mostly on youtube... I really like em a lot, especially for the cash... I've only heard the shell pack kits, and I'm thinking of piecing together a rock kit with a 24 and 13, 16 and 18... Anyone heard a 13 or an 18?
    Last edited by rockitboy1; 06-23-2016 at 06:28 PM.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Yamaha Stage Custom 2016

Welcome to the forum Rockitboy

cant go wrong with yamaha imho, always loves the sound of the SC especially in a live setting

I have a 2013 Recording custom last of the Japanese builds and I absolutely love it.

User Info Menu

Thanks man, RC's are just badass! Yes, I'm quite smitten with Yamaha lately...

User Info Menu

what kick drum depth where you thinking of getting ?

I would recommend a 14" or 16" depth on a sick with that diameter personally to combat the "boom".

User Info Menu

Its a 24x15 in the Stage Custom realm... I think it'll sound awesome. I like a bit of boom..lol I played a Ludwig 24x14 for a number of years in the 70's and eighties and loved it.
    Last edited by rockitboy1; 06-23-2016 at 07:58 PM.

User Info Menu

Trying to find the size chart on the website ...cant seem to see it on the Australian yamaha site.

User Info Menu

Hmm...that's odd. The 24 kick is 15" deep...13x9 16x15 and 18x16

User Info Menu

they look like good sizes

was actually thinking about getting a 18x16 my self.

User Info Menu

Cool.. bet its punchy as hell..

User Info Menu

Sorry man... thought you meant an 18" kick drum...lol.. 18" floor toms are great.

User Info Menu

The more that I look at them, the more I think the stage custom is the best value going in drums today. The finishes are great, and the hardware is solid. You can even get add on drums that won't break the bank. the only downside is that the stock heads aren't that great, but that's not a big deal. I would love to get one with a 20 inch bass drum just for fun. But I think I would want a starclassic birch bubinga even more.