Thread: Deen Castronovo , Great read

User Info Menu

Default Deen Castronovo , Great read

I didn't know about Mr. Castronovo's problems until I read this article today. I say Good for him and I hope he continues on, a lesson to be learned here kids.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/deen-...are_top_flat_3

https://youtu.be/c4uwXwI-NSk

User Info Menu

Default Re: Deen Castronovo , Great read

The guy has a set pipes, playing that hard and singing power ballads up in the stratosphere.
    click to see my kit re-veneer/finish
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...168#post379168

User Info Menu

There's a ton of him out there. We never hear their personal stories. We only see the facade they want us to see. People so often make the wrong choices and end up in a very bad place. One of my friends died recently because he couldn't clean himself up. It's very sad.

User Info Menu

I met Deen about 20 years ago at a GC clinic he was down to earth and a nice guy. At the time he was playing in a hard rock/metal band called Hard-line. At the time he said it would be a dream to play for Journey and what do you know? He was living it! I hope he really learned his lesson and get right.

User Info Menu

I still have a cassette of a band he was in called Wild Dogs but my favorite stuff from Deen is his work on Geezer Butler's solo band GZR. Awesome playing on those discs. They did 2 Plastic Planet and Black Science
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Goro View Post
    I met Deen about 20 years ago at a GC clinic he was down to earth and a nice guy. At the time he was playing in a hard rock/metal band called Hard-line. At the time he said it would be a dream to play for Journey and what do you know? He was living it! I hope he really learned his lesson and get right.
    I have Hardline on my iPod and like it. It was a disc I borrowed from a coworker and never knew that Deen was the drummer. Decent CD, by the way (can only speak to the first one, though).

Sometimes it takes a huge motivation to clean up. Look at Joe Walsh. Without the Eagles 'restart' in 1994, he'd have probably been long dead by now.
    Last edited by cabasner; 06-27-2016 at 03:34 PM.
    Now, just a tiny bit less than an absolute drum newbie
    DW Collectors Cherry kit, Ludwig Black Beauty Snare, DW SuperSolid Oak/Cherry Snare, DW Sabian Vault Edge Snare

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cabasner View Post
    I have Hardline on my iPod and like it. It was a disc I borrowed from a coworker and never knew that Deen was the drummer. Decent CD, by the way (can only speak to the first one, though).

Sometimes it takes a huge motivation to clean up. Look at Joe Walsh. Without the Eagles 'restart' in 1994, he'd have probably have been long dead by now.
    Joe's sobriety was a tough road for him. I'm glad for guys like him and Deen that have pulled through and made it!