Thread: New 2016 Yamaha Recording Customs

User Info Menu

Default New 2016 Yamaha Recording Customs

Has anyone seen anything more than the few write ups and few demonstration videos about the new, forthcoming Yamaha Recording Custom Drum Set? It's got me thinking that maybe those drums are a decent set instead of the crazy expensive Phoenix drums that I've been lusting for. Anybody have more info than the first few articles and videos I mentioned?
    Now, just a tiny bit less than an absolute drum newbie
    DW Collectors Cherry kit, Ludwig Black Beauty Snare, DW SuperSolid Oak/Cherry Snare, DW Sabian Vault Edge Snare

User Info Menu

Default Re: New 2016 Yamaha Recording Customs

seen them at NAMM and sounded amazing, to pricey for me, I settled on the Live Custom and couldn't be happier, its all the drums ill ever need!

User Info Menu

Man those RC's sound incredible, got to play a friends 4pc a few months ago and wow, wow, wow. Great kit to have, Been looking to pick up a used one to have as a secondary kit to my Absolute hybrids. I have yet to read or see anything negative about them, plus while pricey they are much more economical than the Phoenix
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

compared to the Japanese RC's what do you think?

is the larger price tag justifiable ?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by itchie View Post
    compared to the Japanese RC's what do you think?

is the larger price tag justifiable ?
    Yes, there really is no difference, the low end on them is phenomenal but honestly I would try to find a used one. They sound exactly the same to me as the older models.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO