Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stage wear

User Info Menu

Default Re: Stage wear

If you're gonna do it, go all the way;

-Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Vest and tie. Usually pants, but I'm wearing jeans in this pic. I got the idea from seeing Bun E. Carlos and thinking most of the bands around here dress like they're about to mow the lawn or work on their car.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFortress View Post
    Vest and tie. Usually pants, but I'm wearing jeans in this pic. I got the idea from seeing Bun E. Carlos and thinking most of the bands around here dress like they're about to mow the lawn or work on their car.

That's a great picture. You look sharp. I loved your remark about dressing to work on the lawn/car. So true. It's the same here.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    If you're gonna do it, go all the way;

Here come the Mummys. Awesome!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFortress View Post

I agree, you look very sharp. Another good point; a couple guys in my band change into their stage clothes at the gig. Loading/unloading equipment, set-up, etc., is not always tolerable to nice, clean clothes. Especially if your the guy that crawls in back of the truck topper to pack it. If we play a gig in the immediate area, we try to set up earlier in the day. It helps avoid the crowd and gives us time to go home, clean up and change clothes before show time.

Are those PDP's? Looks like a natural/charcoal burst in satin finish? I like it.
    Last edited by N2Bluz; 07-19-2016 at 09:44 PM.
    -Brian

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rotarded View Post
    Here come the Mummys. Awesome!
    That they are. Smokin' hot musicians and a fantastic stage show.
    -Brian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    That's a great picture. You look sharp. I loved your remark about dressing to work on the lawn/car. So true. It's the same here.
    Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    I agree, you look very sharp. Another good point; a couple guys in my band change into their stage clothes at the gig. Loading/unloading equipment, set-up, etc., is not always tolerable to nice, clean clothes. Especially if your the guy that crawls in back of the truck topper to pack it. If we play a gig in the immediate area, we try to set up earlier in the day. It helps avoid the crowd and gives us time to go home, clean up and change clothes before show time.

Are those PDP's? Looks like a natural/charcoal burst in satin finish? I like it.
    Thanks for the compliments! We usually do the same thing - load in as early as possible so we can clean up and change. If there's not enough time to go home we rent a hotel room so we can shower.

And you're exactly right on the drums! Thank you!