Thread: Playbak

User Info Menu

Default Playbak

Finally got a pic of my new band project.

Meet....Playbak

Playbak band by Pigg Penn, on Flickr

********** Kelly-vocals/keys; **** John-bass/vocals; **** Me-drums/vocals; **** Jeff-guitar/vocals; ** Kathy-vocals/keys
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Default Re: Playbak

Awesome, I dig the name. What kind of music?

TEx

User Info Menu

Who's that old guy in the back?

Kidding Bish!

You guys look great!! I hope all goes well with your new project.
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

Enjoy and have fun Bish !!!

User Info Menu

Looks like a fun group! Jeff does look a little tense, though. You should all come down to our band party on Aug 27 to drink beer, eat BBQ and jam with us! Leave all your equipment at home, but bring your own beer, of course.....
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Contgrats on the new project. Can't wait to hear some tunes.

User Info Menu

Apparently we have a Facebook Web page.

I assume there will be set lists and demos posted soon. We recorded several songs last night but I haven't heard any of it yet.

If you are on Facebook, and feel the urge to support us, please like our page. I never thought I'd see myself posting something like this. LOL.

Thanks for any interest.

https://www.facebook.com/PlaBak-2192...69232799704779
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Apparently we have a Facebook Web page.

If you are on Facebook, and feel the urge to support us, please like our page.
    Done!
    Can't wait to see some videos. My only critique; you need to post up lots of pics of all your drums on the FB page.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Done!
    Can't wait to see some videos. My only critique; you need to post up lots of pics of all your drums on the FB page.
    I'd better get started. Cya in a few weeks.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I was once in a band with two 'frontwomen', co-lead singers. Things could get so nasty. Personally would never want to be in that situation again. Hope things are more amicable and less combative with your group.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JoePasko View Post
    I was once in a band with two 'frontwomen', co-lead singers. Things could get so nasty. Personally would never want to be in that situation again. Hope things are more amicable and less combative with your group.
    These two are sisters. They have two brothers that are guitar and bassist in their own band. The entire family is very musically inclined and they all sing like larks.

I went to see the brothers in their band last weekend and they are very good, as well. Pretty sure this is going to be harmonious in more than one way.

Thanks for your concern as I know exactly what you are referring to. Been there done that.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I tried to Photoshop an image of the songs that are on my computer that we are currently learning. It's an image of the m4a audio files. LOL

I hope this works.

Image6 by Pigg Penn, on Flickr
    Signature here

User Info Menu

was once in a band with two 'frontwomen', co-lead singers. Things could get so nasty. Personally would never want to be in that situation again. Hope things are more amicable and less combative with your group.
    But then take a look at ABBA. Two front women. Things could could get....well...let's just say...interesting...LOL

all the best...

User Info Menu

I tried to Photoshop an image of the songs that are on my computer that we are currently learning. It's an image of the m4a audio files. LOL

I hope this works.

I recognize 4 of those.

Dual keyboard players?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post

Dual keyboard players?
    Ooops. Sorry I forgot to answer the 2nd part.

One keyboard, the girls trade off.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I recognize 4 of those.

Dual keyboard players?
    That was me, too.

The rest have been somewhat of a challenge but I had been looking for something different than the same old songs I'd played for the last 30 years. This is it!

Plus, I'm going to be singing several of them. Really having to get my game on now.

One keyboard. The girls trade off depending on what's needed and who's singing the song.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

That was me, too.

The rest have been somewhat of a challenge but I had been looking for something different than the same old songs I'd played for the last 30 years. This is it!
    I tried that a few years ago as well with an all original Americana/Roots Rock band. Figured I'd try stuff I hadn't tried before. Lasted about 9 months. Got bored out of my mind. Hopefully your journey into the unknown ends better. Have fun with it.

User Info Menu

I tried that a few years ago as well with an all original Americana/Roots Rock band. Figured I'd try stuff I hadn't tried before. Lasted about 9 months. Got bored out of my mind. Hopefully your journey into the unknown ends better. Have fun with it.
    I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for the insight!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I hope this works.

Good list. I didn't see the ones I typically despise but had to play like "Brown Eye Girl", "Mustang Sally" or "Rambling Man". Good luck with the group . Looks like a lot of fun.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Good list. I didn't see the ones I typically despise but had to play like "Brown Eye Girl", "Mustang Sally" or "Rambling Man". Good luck with the group . Looks like a lot of fun.
    Thank you, sir, and for the record they never will be either.
    Signature here