Thread: Double bass pedals

User Info Menu

Default Double bass pedals

So the wife is getting me some double bass pedals for my birthday and I was curious as to the brands you all may be using? I can't afford one of the expensive ones, we have a budget of about $250. I know that isn't going to get me anything spectacular, but I'm sure there are some decent models in this price range. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by DrumWhipper; 07-23-2016 at 11:04 AM.
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: Double bass pedals

Try looking used! You could probably find a really good deal out there somewhere! I found my DW 9000's for right around that range a few years back.. They were in great condition for what I paid!

User Info Menu

we just got in a brand new DDrum which surprisingly... it's a new direct drive long board. Couldn't believe it. And at an intro price.

Or you could buy a used nice pedal. I see DW5000's going for around your budget. I own one and love it.

User Info Menu

I've been checking out a few of the local musician swap shops on facebook. The majority of the cats I've seen so far are trying to sell entire kits, so there's that lol
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

That ddrum direct drive sounds great that spaz posted, direct drives are really nice

User Info Menu

Gotta go used market. it'll open your options up a lot with your budget. E-bay. Music-Go-Round, Craigslist

User Info Menu

I bought dw5000 for 250 from guitar center online.
    Mapex Saturn 6 pc
    14x6 mapex stainless steel snare
    Zildjian,Paiste, Meinl
    DW5000 td4 double pedal

User Info Menu

My advice to you would be to give a set a try, they are not for everybody, some people make an investment and they sit in the closet, sure I know you can resell them but if you have an opportunity to give them a try, that would be my advice before dropping $250.00 on a set. Maybe go used for half the price, if they are for you sell them and move up to a better pair. Just my 2 cents.

User Info Menu

I've played them before. There is a set on the kit I play at church, but they belong to the church. I want a set for my personal kit.

User Info Menu

I too vote for going with a quality used pedal. My primary double pedal is a DW 9002 that I bought new about ten years ago. Recently I picked up a clean, used, older 5002 double pedal that I use at a rehearsal space, I paid $125 for it. If you are patient, the deals are out there.
    -Mike

"We don't stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing."

"I wish that my playing reminded people of Steve Gadd. But they seem to confuse me with his little known cousin... E."

"Snare drums happen."

User Info Menu

I picked up a set of Speedcobras on *bay for $245.00 Yesterday w/case and everything. Looks new,hardly used so I snagged it! I'll check on mod. to direct drive by using demon drive parts. Supposed to be able to work. I'll do more research. I'll probably like 'em the way they are.( They are double pedals.)

User Info Menu

Those ddrums Direct drives look interesting for the price

Acoustic & Electronic:
    Pearl Prestige World Series WLX 1988
    Tama Swingstar 1983
    Tama Superstar Hyper-Drive (Birch) 2007
    Ludwig Acrolite Snare 1976
    Ludwig Supraphonic 6.5x14" 2021
    Pearl Sensitone Elite Aluminum 5.5" and 6.5" Snare
    Pearl COB Custom Deluxe [Gladstone] (75-76) Snare
    Love Drum Co. Hammered Steel 5.5" Snare
    Roland TD-1KV

Paiste
    Accent 8"

Paiste Signature:
    6", 10" Splash
    14" Dark Crisp Hi-Hats
    14" Sound Edge Hi-Hats
    16", 17", 18",19", 20" Full Crash
    22" Symphonic Med-Heavy (use as a Ride)

Paiste Formula 602:
    22" Formula 602 Modern Essentials Ride

Paiste 2oo2:
    22" Ride
    16" Crash
    8",10" Splash

Paiste 2oo2 Big Beat:
    15" Hi-Hats
    19", 20", 21" Big Beat Multifunctional

Paiste Sound Formula:
    16" Crash
    20" Full Ride (Frankenstein)

Paiste Twenty:
    16" China

Paiste Alpha (original Swiss made):
    12" Splash

Paiste PST7:
    Medium
    16", 18" Crash
    20" Ride
    14" Hi-Hats

Sabian:
    XS20 18" China
    AA 14" Fusion Hi-Hats

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drumwhipper View Post
    i've been checking out a few of the local musician swap shops on facebook. The majority of the cats i've seen so far are trying to sell entire kits, so there's that lol
    ebay

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer5359 View Post
    If you are patient, the deals are out there.
    +1...........I buy the majority of my stuff used...............the last pedals I bought, were a set of Powerglide Iron Cobras in great shape.................for $80

User Info Menu

I agree with those who said to go used. For $250, you can get a really nice set of used double pedals in my neck of the woods.

User Info Menu

I really like that main pedal shaft design on the new ddrum quicksilver direct drive pedals, the bearing housings look very strong,and it appears that you can make them into two single pedals. The footbords are kinda ugly though

Mike

User Info Menu

Definitely go used at that price. As others have said. DW5000's all the way.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by myk View Post
    I really like that main pedal shaft design on the new ddrum quicksilver direct drive pedals, the bearing housings look very strong,and it appears that you can make them into two single pedals. The footbords are kinda ugly though

Mike

yeah I'm glad they made it so you can make two singles.