Thread: Gods Hourglass

User Info Menu

Default Gods Hourglass

So... I started a bit of a band in my church. We're going to perform a bit for New Years Eve... the title of the Band is God's Hourglass, to imply the short time that we have to do God's work... not to mention that I have an unhealthy obsession with a particular spider genus...... anyway. Things are a bit tough with an all new band, especially when a few of the members are learning new instruments, so wish us luck and prayers!
    Last edited by Kryshah; 11-25-2007 at 05:58 AM.
    Thats the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like it.

User Info Menu

Good Luck Kry! I know you will be great! New Years Eve is a long ways away Will you have a video tape of it so we can see?

User Info Menu

I certainly hope so! If I can get my camera to upload right...

User Info Menu

Cool God's Hourglass

...and I know who's gonna be drivin' the beat...can't wait to see and hear your video, man!

BTW, one of my daughters once dated a guy who played with a local group called 23rd Hour...so your reasoning is not alone...

keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Arg... this band is frustrating... three months, and we've yet to learn a single song! The guitarists and your's truly are ok, but the vocalists and keyboardist just aren't getting it.... not that the others of us are perfect... we have room to improve, but we at least know the song well enough to perform... prayers are more than welcome guys!

User Info Menu

Hey Matt, you slipped this in while I was in California, so I didn't know about the new band. I hope that you are simply praying for one another, and offering you talents to God.

I will pray for your practice.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I certainly hope that's what we're all in it for. I just can't get a reasonable level of commitment from some of the members... or thier parents. Thanks for the prayers PB.

User Info Menu

Arg... we're really at the do or die moment now! We only have 7 days left, and havn't had a practice in a month! I don't think we'll be able to do it... if we do though, I'll post a video.

User Info Menu

Don't worry Mat, if everyone is in it to glorify God, it will come together with God's blessing. If not, it will shake out, and you find others to make it happen at another time.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Well... I think the problem is that I encouraged a sort of branching out... our vocalists are actually a percussionist and a Claranet (I think) player. Our Keyboardist is also a percussionist. The three of them decided to TRY their current roles, and while experimentation and growth are GOOD things, I don't know that it was a good Idea to do when we had a time limit. I appreciate the kind words though!

User Info Menu

Well... we play tomorrow, wish us luck and prayers.

User Info Menu

Well... we play tomorrow, wish us luck and prayers.
    All the best for ya....
    My Kit :
    TAMA Imperialstar Midnight Blue
    REMO Encore Heads....
    Meinl Cowbell
    16" Zildjian Avedis Thin Crash
    16" Paiste Alpha Medium Crash
    20" Meinl Rakes Medium Ride
    14" Paiste 3000 Rude Hi-Hat
    8" PST-5 Splash
    6" Meinl Classic Splash
    10" WUHAN S series Splash
    16" ZHT EFX
    17" Stagg China
    P122 Double bass pedal

User Info Menu

Thanks!

User Info Menu

So, we had our show on New Years. I think we did well enough. Probably the best we've done so far, but still missing something. We'll keep working though, and possibly go in a different direction. I videotaped it, and once I get permission from my bandmates, I'll get the video on here. It's horrible quality, but it works. Thanks everyone for your prayer and goodwill.