Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moving to Mapex! Insights needed.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Moving to Mapex! Insights needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    I guess I was the unlucky bloke.

My first Saturns were great drums. However, one day I noticed that where the badge on the 16" floor tom was tacked into the shell, a starburst crack was developing and spreading. It was a fluke that I even noticed it but I had taken the drum outside to get a good picture of it in the sunlight and that's how I found it.

I made several attempts at getting with customer service and finally reached a representative that was very nice. That's where the good ended.

I was instructed to completely remove all the hardware, they would send a call tag for me to box it up, ship back just the bare shell and they would send a replacement shell. I wasn't guaranteed any sort of time frame for the drum to be returned let alone having to strip it down, pack it and ship it.

The was the best they would do.

I sold the set in a matter of weeks.
    Similar experience where they wanted me to jump through many hoops. That wasn't the main issue though. It was the attitude of at least two reps that had a very cold and defensive attitude. I guess it's hit and miss with this company but I'll never buy their drums again.

User Info Menu

I went through my store, so didn't have to deal with them directly.
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle

User Info Menu

It's always a shame when a person receives bad customer service. It's also too bad that company representatives act like this as I don't think they realize what effect they have on other people's opinions of the company and product.

Being that 50% of my job is customer service, I am always well aware of my attitude when interacting with customers. It only takes one bad experience and *poof*, all credibility is gone.

With that being said, Mapex does make a fantastic product. You decide with your ears what kit best suits your tastes. Let your ears guide you. You can always ask to speak to a different person within the company if you have a bad experience. Hopefully, it will never happen to you and you'll purchase an awesome kit!!

Good luck and welcome to DC!!
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kaosotis View Post
    Congrats on making a decision! Even after all input, it's always a personal decision.

We look forward to pictures!
    It may be awhile depending on how quickly I can move my current gear. Stay tuned...

User Info Menu

You'll love the Saturn's....I have a Saturn V and it's easy to tune and stays in tune well too. I'm still working on getting my floor tom locked in but the rack toms were a breeze. Quality all the way through.
    Mapex Saturn V Blue Red Hybrid Sparkle 4 pc
    Ludwig 6.5 x14 Black Beauty
    Pearl Demon Drive double pedal
    Sabian 22" Paragon Ride
    Sabian 19" Paragon China
    Sabian 18" AAX Xplosion Crash
    Sabian 18" HHX Xplosion Crash
    Sabian 14" AAX Xlosion Hats
    Sabian 10" AAX Aero Splash
    Sabian XSR Fast Stax
    Wuhan 8" Splash

User Info Menu

You'll luv'em! My update is I'm supposed to get my 14x14 floor tom tomorrow so see what happens,been waiting since Nov. (back order). I have a Saturn lV & V mixed,same finish. When I ordered it was the last lV in the factory,minus the 14x14. It will possibly be a V w/soni clear bearing edge,but hey nobody sees the bearing edge anyway! I'm getting a 8x8 tom which will be a V also. Good luck!