Thread: New Pedal

User Info Menu

Default New Pedal

A Axis Longboard A that I ordered last week was delivered yesterday.

I had been using a Speed Cobra most of the time for the last 3 years. In between, I've messed with a DW 9000 and a PDP Concept pedal.

I did have a Axis pedal about 5 years ago, that I could never get right, so I gave it away.

This Axis has them all beat. It's light (I have no way to weigh it, neither pedal registers on my scale, but if the Speed Cobra is 2lbs, the Axis is 1 1/2lbs) and it's fast with almost no effort.

Definitely should be looked at the next time anyone goes to a music store.

User Info Menu

Default Re: New Pedal

Is it a chain (like the SC) or direct drive ?
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

I don't think axis makes anything other than direct drive

User Info Menu

It's direct drive.

User Info Menu

congrats on the Axis. The price has always kept me away from them. I have a speed cobra Dbl. and like it but a lot of metal players use the Axis. I've been chasing the metal stuff for a while. So does the Axis have as much power as the cobras? I've heard some people say they don't. I'd sure like to try some.

User Info Menu

I just got a SC from *bay and I paid 245.00 bucks for it.(it's a 910 dbl pedal) it was not taken care of by previous owner, had to strip it all down and free the 2 main bearings. They were frozen. Cleaned both pedals all up and re lubed the bearings and ordered new springs. Like new now! I heard you can change the speed cobras to direct drive by putting pearl demon drive direct drive assem. on them. They will fit. I looked at both of them at a store side by side and it looks possible. I know where to get the DD demon assem. at 44.00 bucks per direct drive. . . . .sounds tempting. I like doing that kind of stuff anyway.

User Info Menu

What beaters are you using on the Axis Rick? I always thought those sonic hammers were pretty cool looking.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    congrats on the Axis. The price has always kept me away from them. I have a speed cobra Dbl. and like it but a lot of metal players use the Axis. I've been chasing the metal stuff for a while. So does the Axis have as much power as the cobras? I've heard some people say they don't. I'd sure like to try some.
    Lefty, I really don't have a good answer for you. The only thing I could say is to try it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    What beaters are you using on the Axis Rick? I always thought those sonic hammers were pretty cool looking.

Mike, I just trying different beaters from different pedals I have.

As for the "sonic hammer". When I put the pedal on my drums, I put the SH in and hit the BD once, I thought , "are they freakin' kidding", and took it out.

It sleeps with the fishes.