Thread: David Garibaldi

User Info Menu

Default David Garibaldi

David Garibaldi is with Tower of Power out of Oakland California. I started listening back in the early 70's and continue today as David is still performing with the band. I'm guessing allot of today's drummers have never heard his unmistakable style but if you have a chance take a listen.
    I've had a great career of over 40 plus years and still going strong and have never covered a Tower of Power song but David Garibaldi is still at the top of my list.

User Info Menu

Default Re: David Garibaldi

Never heard of them before the name sounded like a Heavy metal band. I googled them and found they sound a bit like Sly and the Family Stone. Great music though.
    Last edited by Pearl MCX Man; 08-06-2016 at 08:50 AM.

User Info Menu

I have seen David Garibaldi with Billy Cobham at a GC back in the early 80's for a drum clinic they were doing.
    David is a phenomenal player as is Mr. Cobham of course.
    During David's questions with the audience, someone asked him how he sits behind the kit.
    Me thinking this was a stupid question, blurt out, "If you have a hunchback, you play like this" (me bent over and motioning playing shin height)... people laughed and then David Garibaldi said, "Thank you Quasimodo!" All laughed and I then I shrunk to about an inch tall..lol.
    Last edited by Olimpass; 09-12-2016 at 05:06 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpass View Post
    I have seen David Garibaldi with Billy Cobham at a GC back in the early 80's for a drum clinic they were doing.
    During David's questions with the audience, someone asked him how he sits behind the kit.
    Me thinking this was a stupid question, blurt out, "If you have a hunchback you play like this" (me bent over and motioning playing shin height)... people laughed and then David Garibaldi said, "Thank you Quasimodo!" All laughed and I then I shrunk to about an inch tall..lol.
    Speaking of which ,Chick Webb was a hunchback,but regarded by many legends (Buddy Rich,Gene Krupa)as one of the great drummers of their time.
    FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pgm554 View Post
    Speaking of which ,Chick Webb was a hunchback,but regarded by many legends (Buddy Rich,Gene Krupa)as one of the great drummers of their time.
    Not to upset any people suffering from any form of Kyphosis. I was young and ignorant when I had made that statement.
    Chick Webb, I read, suffered from a spinal tuberculosis.
    Now I am older and a little less ignorant.
    Last edited by Olimpass; 09-12-2016 at 05:12 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpass View Post
    Me thinking this was a stupid question, blurt out, "If you have a hunchback, you play like this" (me bent over and motioning playing shin height)... people laughed and then David Garibaldi said, "Thank you Quasimodo!" All laughed and I then I shrunk to about an inch tall..lol.

hahahahaha nice one