Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Small china recommendation?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Small china recommendation?

Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
    I always thought the Zildjian china trash was awesome. Though I never owned one. I still want to get a 14" or so china. I should just buy the Z.
    The China Trashes sound really good in a mix. I dislike all Zildjian chinas because up close they sound clangy and feel really stiff to play, but in a mix there's none of that. I heard someone use a 14" China Trash in a mix and had played the exact cymbal many times before...sounded completely different.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Small china recommendation?

Quote Originally Posted by pcs90 View Post
    The China Trashes sound really good in a mix. I dislike all Zildjian chinas because up close they sound clangy and feel really stiff to play, but in a mix there's none of that. I heard someone use a 14" China Trash in a mix and had played the exact cymbal many times before...sounded completely different.
    I have the same experience with my 15" Xtreme china. It sounds very hard & stiff as you put it but when I record with my phone it really doesn't come across like that in the mix. It's quick & cuts, very nice! The Wuhan Linear really fit the bill for what I was after though. It straddles the line between a crash and a china with a dash of gong mixed in. It's a pretty weird sound on its own, but no stranger than a china when playing.
    Taye Tourperformer, PDP Hammered bronze snare, 15" Diril Primitive hats, 17" XPlosion, 10" duo splash, 15" Xtreme china, 22" HHX Omni, 7" cup chime, Yamaha 9415 w. Vickicks