Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to keep hardware from getting trashed

User Info Menu

Default Re: How to keep hardware from getting trashed

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    The Ahead bags come in 28", 38" and 48" lengths. Two seem too short and one seems too long.
    I have the 38" inchers and they don't seem too short at all . This one holds Pearl 930 series hardware . 3 boom stands , seat , snare stand , hi-hat stand , cowbell on a holder , 2 tom arms , floor tom legs , 2 extension cymbal arms and the DW double pedal .And there is still room for more !
    The other two hold the same but one is all Yamaha hardware and the other all DW hardware .
    I guess it's all in how you want to pack your stuff .

User Info Menu

Old blanket or towels should keep your black hardware fairly scratch-less.
    I use 3 bags for chrome hardware( one bag would be too heavy), hhat stand and 2 leg -folded cymbal stands with booms removed. Other bag has the small but still heavy stuff: throne, tom mounts, snare stand, FT legs, clamps and cowbell. Smaller bag has pedal, tools, Gatorade and sticks. Sometimes I pack a hand cart but any threat of more than one step up into the venue and I'd leave it behind, so it hardly ever gets used.
    SONOR 6 pc Special Edition 3007's red maple, old Pearl Brass 14x6 FF snare, Yamaha Tour Custom maple 8 pc., Tama 4 pc., honey amber B/B, Ludwig Supralite chrome 14x6.5 steel snare, Paiste, Saluda & Zildjian
    Loaned out Slingerland upgraded 4 pc 1963 black, wrapped maple + 14" Pearl birch FT
    The Almighty Speed King pedal, Speed Cobra, Sonor Single

http://www.screaminmelinas.com
    http://www.facebook.com/DerailedRockers/

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post

Keep the van down by the river....

-Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Love it. I started my delivery business with one of those. Except it was a GMC. I never broke down a stand or anything. Just set them in the van vertically on their tripods. Ah, the good old days.

all the best...

User Info Menu

I use a 48" SKB case, affectionately (or not so affectionately at loud out) known in our band as "the coffin"

It's big. (Fits across the back seat in my sedan tho...) It's heavy, but has wheels. I can put all my hardware and basic round throne in it, and it has straps to keep everything tight so that they don't bang around.

I don't have to do anything to my cymbal stands beyond swinging the boom arms down, and folding up the legs. No compressing anything, and having to guess where to set it up next time.

I really like it, a lot. Except when there are a lot of stairs

wyodrums Guest

Thank you everyone for the suggestions! I really like the bigger van idea Guess I'm gonna have to experiment and see what works the best

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wyodrums View Post
    Hello:

I am very new to the forum! Great stuff on here. I was wondering if anyone had a great idea to keep your hardware from getting trashed in your hardware bag? I currently have a Gator GP Drumcart, and don't get me wrong it is a great bag, but I am buying a new custom set and hardware and really want to keep the "black" color looking nice. Any ideas? I looked at the Stagg SPSB SET 5 Professional Hardware Carry Bag. Any experience with this case/bag?

New set gets ordered on the 31st. I will post pics during the process.

Thank you!
    hopefully i can explain this so you will get what I mean. Years ago while on the road I met a drummer that had black hardware. He took a few of those packing blankets that Uhaul has and made a very cool protective "case" for his stands.

He laid one blanket out on the floor then folded up his stands and laid them on the blanket a few inches apart from each other. Then he took a second blanket and cut pieces big enough to cover each stand, pinned them to the blanket on the floor, removed the stands and sewed them to the blanket on the floor. This created "pockets" that he could then slide his stands into each time he packed up. Once the stands are in their pockets, just roll the blanket up and place in a case or just tie it off and you're good to go.

Hope you can visualize this because it was easy to make and worked great for him. All you need s someone that can sew.

User Info Menu

^Sounds tres effective! Bulky perhaps, but let's face it, Hardware transport is eternally and inherently bulky.
    I would try this if I had black, gold, or any hardware finish other than chrome.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NPYYZ View Post
    hopefully i can explain this so you will get what I mean. Years ago while on the road I met a drummer that had black hardware. He took a few of those packing blankets that Uhaul has and made a very cool protective "case" for his stands.

He laid one blanket out on the floor then folded up his stands and laid them on the blanket a few inches apart from each other. Then he took a second blanket and cut pieces big enough to cover each stand, pinned them to the blanket on the floor, removed the stands and sewed them to the blanket on the floor. This created "pockets" that he could then slide his stands into each time he packed up. Once the stands are in their pockets, just roll the blanket up and place in a case or just tie it off and you're good to go.

Hope you can visualize this because it was easy to make and worked great for him. All you need s someone that can sew.
    That sounds great. Easy to load, then just pick up the entire roll and insert it in your bag or case. I though about taking a blanket, set one stand on the end and roll it like a cigarette one wrap. Then lay the next stand down and roll them both one round, lay the third down and roll all three one round, etc..
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

wyodrums Guest

I like it... and my wife can sew! Thanks for the suggestion!