Thread: Hardware Value

User Info Menu

Default Hardware Value

Anyone looking for hardware on a budget will appreciate the PDP 800 Series.

I decided to buy a boom stand a few years back to check it out and it was a good bargain and plenty sturdy, especially for light-to-medium weight cymbals.

This is not top-shelf hardware but, for the money, very good.

Sales can also be found.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Default Re: Hardware Value

i can confirm this.

theres also the 700 series, considerably lighter in weight though, I'd go with the 800 series every time and its not much more expensive.
    Too Much Stuff.

User Info Menu

I agree 100% I have several. One of them has an 18" china on the boom, and a 20" ride on a Gibraltar boom clamp and is solid as a rock. I also have a PDP throne, hi-hat (HH820 2-leg), and a Pacific snare stand. You get a lot of bang for your buck with PDP 800 series hardware!

User Info Menu

I also... I have LOTS of PDP hardware for my PDP kit and it's extremely durable and takes a beating from traveling and packing up a lot.

User Info Menu

I've come close to buying some PDP 800 stands several times. There was a deal where you got 1 boom and 1 regular stand for like $79.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Yep, the PDP 800 series is overall very good. Not too heavy but they don't feel cheap either...should be great for most uses.