Thread: First cymbal cleaning

User Info Menu

Default First cymbal cleaning

Ok so I bought this used AAX crash and it was clear that I would have to do something about it. Talk about nasty ring around the edge! Check these before & after pics. I started with denatured alcohol and paper towels. Then I used the Sabian cream product (the current safe and sound stuff) with shop rags. You can see the nasty black grunge coming off but I can not imagine why this is happening? Anyway I resorted to sticking it in the shower to rinse off the abrasive cream and followed with carnauba wax. Logos rubbed off real fast and I was intentional about going easy on them. What do you think?

Last edited by Natman; 08-20-2016 at 09:50 PM.
    Taye Tourperformer, PDP Hammered bronze snare, 15" Diril Primitive hats, 17" XPlosion, 10" duo splash, 15" Xtreme china, 22" HHX Omni, 7" cup chime, Yamaha 9415 w. Vickicks

User Info Menu

Default Re: First cymbal cleaning

Nice result! The Sabian logo on my crash started to fade so I went over it with a fine sharpie. It looks perfect. The key is to take your time and do it in light. I cleaned my HH ride with bar keepers friend. I taped over the logos with painters tape and it saved the logo.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike