Thread: Drum Show

User Info Menu

Default Drum Show

Saw this n another web site.

"There was a small car show in our town the other day and I though how cool it would be if there were Drum shows. Now I know it would not work in my small town, But Cincinnati Ohio is an hour away so is Lexington Ky. My wife and I would pack up and go to an event like that. It would be an opportunity to talk with other Drummers, check out others gear and to have a chance to play and hear Drum's and Cymbals that I would not normally be able to do at the limited selection Guitar Centers, and the small 2 or 3 brick and mortar drum stores that are in these two city's. There could be a set/up fee and then use that for some sort of Giveaway. Do they do this sorta thing in any of the area's you all are from. And is this something you think would be fun and helpful especially to those looking to make a purchase but are like me and rely on youtube for demos and reviews. And we are all proud and like to show our kits whether Its a DW Collectors or a Pearl export."

Anyone in the Oklahoma area instred in doing this? We should get together and do this.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Drum Show

There used be be one out here at Kane County Illinois fairgrounds but this year had moved to the Odeum Expo Center, Villa Park, Illlinois.
    The next one will be May 20th and 21st, 2017.

Here's some pics of the one from 2014...enjoy!

http://s330.photobucket.com/user/oli...%20Show%202014
    Last edited by Olimpass; 08-21-2016 at 12:22 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Zickos View Post
    Saw this n another web site.

"There was a small car show in our town the other day and I though how cool it would be if there were Drum shows. Now I know it would not work in my small town, But Cincinnati Ohio is an hour away so is Lexington Ky. My wife and I would pack up and go to an event like that. It would be an opportunity to talk with other Drummers, check out others gear and to have a chance to play and hear Drum's and Cymbals that I would not normally be able to do at the limited selection Guitar Centers, and the small 2 or 3 brick and mortar drum stores that are in these two city's. There could be a set/up fee and then use that for some sort of Giveaway. Do they do this sorta thing in any of the area's you all are from. And is this something you think would be fun and helpful especially to those looking to make a purchase but are like me and rely on youtube for demos and reviews. And we are all proud and like to show our kits whether Its a DW Collectors or a Pearl export."

Anyone in the Oklahoma area instred in doing this? We should get together and do this.
    You're talking about a little outdoor get together to buy and sell drums outdoors like a car show?
    It sounds very nice but not certain if it can be done legally publicly anyway. On someones private property would be fine I imagine. I honestly do not know.

The event I've mentioned above involves exhibitor registrations, state tax if selling, booth reservations, exhibitor passes and rules, space sizes and fees, a volume policy..ect ..it can get hectic.
    Last edited by Olimpass; 08-21-2016 at 03:48 PM.

User Info Menu

I was thinking more on the line of a car show in that people would bring there gear to show off. It would be a good place to meet others, share stories or techniques and just hang out, kind of like we do here. If someone had stuff to sell they could do so kind of like a swap meet. Mainly, a place would be required.
    Last edited by Zickos; 08-21-2016 at 10:18 PM.

User Info Menu

How about a convention of DC members? I guess it'd be impossible to have much gear there!

all the best...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpass View Post
    There used be be one out here at Kane County Illinois fairgrounds but this year had moved to the Odeum Expo Center, Villa Park, Illlinois.
    The next one will be May 20th and 21st, 2017.

Here's some pics of the one from 2014...enjoy!

http://s330.photobucket.com/user/oli...%20Show%202014

I went to it.