Thread: wtb: Yamaha Maple Custom (Snare and Bass Drum)

User Info Menu

Default wtb: Yamaha Maple Custom (Snare and Bass Drum)

Some of you already know this but I'm going to post it up and hope maybe I can get some hits. You guys did awesome when I was searching for my PDP kit.

I'm looking for one super rare item but I'm willing to settle as I know my wants are pretty extreme...

I'm looking for
    18x14 Yamaha Maple Custom vintage natural bass drum.

I'm really not even that picky.. if you find a Yamaha Maple Absolute in the same finish I'd be excited.

The BD I would be interested in 18" or 20" or if all else fails a 22" but I already have two 22" kicks.

Anyone know any out there? I've been shafted a couple of times on some deals and now I'm just driven nuts looking for these!
    Last edited by SpazApproved; 11-18-2016 at 10:32 AM.

User Info Menu

Default Re: wtb: Yamaha Maple Custom (Snare and Bass Drum)

I can't believe it!!!!

Years of searching for this snare drum are over!!!
    Last night I found and bought without hesitation or negotiation the super rare Yamaha vintage natural piccolo 14x4" snare drum!!

I can't wait for it to be shipped out!!!

Now the search continues for that even more rare bass drum... harder to find that because no one parts out just the kicks... and I don't want to buy the entire kit! But no rush just like the snare I'll wait years, I'm a patient man!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    I can't believe it!!!!

Years of searching for this snare drum are over!!!
    Last night I found and bought without hesitation or negotiation the super rare Yamaha vintage natural piccolo 14x4" snare drum!!

I can't wait for it to be shipped out!!!

Now the search continues for that even more rare bass drum... harder to find that because no one parts out just the kicks... and I don't want to buy the entire kit! But no rush just like the snare I'll wait years, I'm a patient man!
    Awesome! Congrats Spaz!
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OldeEnglishD View Post
    Awesome! Congrats Spaz!
    I'm SUPER stoked!
    Now BD hunting

User Info Menu

Are you willing to get a kick in a different color and have it refinished? I've found quite a few searching on Google but none are that natural laquer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Railroadin_saylor View Post
    Are you willing to get a kick in a different color and have it refinished? I've found quite a few searching on Google but none are that natural laquer
    I'm ALMOST to that point!

I have found several in different stains but none in the natural vintage.

User Info Menu

The snare drum came today!!!

I won't have time this week to get her on and send photos... but I was just so excited to receive a text from home saying it came in the mail I had to make a post!!

It's going to be a great addition.

User Info Menu

Wow that's lucky!
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

I didn't want to start a new thread for my rant....

but SERIOUSLY?!?!?!
    Three people... not ONE not TWO but THREE people have written me saying they have a bass drum they'd sell me. So then I ask how much and we start chatting and then they decide they aren't going to sell it. With out even telling me a price?!

If you're not going to sell it don't waste my time and tease me by writing me saying you have one!!!! HOLY CRAP I'm getting so mad.

Luckily it's no one from this forum btw

User Info Menu

That's gotta rip your heart out - finally found it, but, no. What a roller coaster ride. I'm thinking if your heard about 3, there must be 4 or 5 out there.

User Info Menu

That little Yammy pic snare looks very cool.

I played pic snares in symphony and they can be a beautiful component.
    We had two............a COB Ludwig and a maple Sonor.

Although I have never used one in a rock context, I like to give it a try.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

OMG IT HAPPENED AGAIN!!!

Someone wrote on my facebook thread that they just bought a YMC kit and asked if anyone was interested in buying it. So I wrote him saying PM me a price on the full kit even though I just want the bass drum.

He writes me and instead of saying his price he says "what are you willing to pay for it?" I quickly responded with well you obviously just bought it from the store as you mentioned so obviously you are trying to flip it, how much are you trying to make from it? And then he wouldn't throw me a price at all and our conversation ended at a brick wall once again.

Seriously what is wrong with people?!?! If you say you're going to sell something then SELL it and throw up your asking price! I know he's hoping I'd say some ridiculous amount and he bought it for cheap and would make a great dime but that's not how it's going to work with me. If you mention you JUST BOUGHT it then obviously you know what it's worth to you. So stop being a pencil neck and give me a break!

/end rant