Thread: Reso"z

User Info Menu

Default Reso"z

what would be a good reso for my toms if I were to switch to ebony pnestrips or ambassidors?

User Info Menu

I'm assuming you're going for a muffled/isolated tone with the pinstripes?
    If that's the case then I think the coated G1's would be best in the Evans department. Coated G2's resonate very little and take away tons of overtone as a reso. I don't know what to tell you about Remo.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

sorry, im still rusty on skin tones and all that. im actually looking for a more opened sounding skin.

User Info Menu

My pick for a reso head would be a clear Ambassador. IMHO you don't need anything heavier on the bottom to dampen the sound if you're looking to put on the pinstripes on top. Blessings....
    Last edited by middleman; 11-20-2007 at 06:34 PM.

User Info Menu

the words pinstripe and open sounding dont really go together. for the "open" sound you want single ply coated like ambs or g1s for batters and clear 1 ply resos.

User Info Menu

so your saying a 1 ply ambs, with g1 clear reso? or g1 batter with g1 clear reso?>

User Info Menu

coated amb batter with clear amb reso or coated g1 batter w/ clear g1 reso.
    i accually have g1 batter and clear amb resos.

User Info Menu

well thing is I dont want to be partial to one kind of head, i wanna test em all. so mabye my next buy will be 1ply coated amb batter, and clear 1 ply amb reso, or clear 1 ply g1 reso.