Thread: The UFO Thread

User Info Menu

Default The UFO Thread

A continuation of this thread: http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...f-35824p2.html
    -------------------------------

I'm fascinated by this subject and thought we could expound on it so I created a new thread.

I think there is life form outside of our world. No of course the hoaxes aren't real any more than the hundreds of lies people tell are real, but to suggest that real life outside of our world is not there I think is rather naive. This video will put it in perspective for you. And, among all the hoaxes, there are compelling stories that cannot be debunked. As I find them, I'll post.

User Info Menu

Default Re: The UFO Thread

That video's insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Cool video. The thing is, we're only viewing the universe from the perspective of our dimension. When you introduce the concept of alternative dimensions, it gets really interesting. If other life forms have visited us, I think they would have mastered inter dimensional travel.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

We haven't even fully explored our own oceans/planet enough let alone the Multiverse.
    Last edited by Olimpass; 09-10-2016 at 04:54 PM.

User Info Menu

No life out there. No UFO's. By nature invaders don't retreat. If they've come here, they would have stayed here especially with such highly advanced technology supposedly. They would have stayed and been fully known by now.

all the best...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    No life out there. No UFO's. By nature invaders don't retreat. If they've come here, they would have stayed here especially with such highly advanced technology supposedly. They would have stayed and been fully known by now.

all the best...
    With around 200 billion galaxies, there's definitely life out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

186,282 x 60= distance in 1 minute x 60 minutes = distance in 1 hour x 24 = distance in 1 day x 365 = distance in 1 year (roughly 5.9 trillion miles).

Multiply 5,900,000,000,000 x 28,000,000 000 to get roughly, and I mean roughly, the diameter of the known universe.

Our sun is about 900,000 miles in diameter. NML Cygni 1 is a tad bigger.

It is 1,650 times bigger than our sun.

Some large things out there.

User Info Menu

UFO was a really good rock band back in the day........wait, what? Sorry.

User Info Menu

I believe somewhere out there there's got to be something...

As for little green men and bla bla bla that I don't believe in.

User Info Menu

I love to watch the Ancient Aliens series from the History (?) channel. I own several of the season series on DVD. Many of the theories and connections they make are a pretty big stretch and make me laugh. But....some of the things really make you think. It's entertaining, regardless. I like the Greek dude with the wild hair. Looks like he just rode 100 miles on a motorcycle with no helmet.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post

all the best...
    So, the Drake equation isn't for real?

Sorry, but there is life somewhere. It may not be sentient life(little green men) or perhaps they are so far away that we can't communicate or perhaps we can't communicate because we aren't even able to communicate in the same way.

To make a blanket statement that there is "No life out there" to me is a bit naive. Also, who's to say if there were sentient beings out there, why does everyone assume they would attack us? Sound's like Hollywood BS to me.
    Last edited by Markadiddle; 09-12-2016 at 10:23 AM.
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!