Thread: 15 years

User Info Menu

Default 15 years

I bought that shirt about 2 weeks after the attacks. I only wear it on 9/11.

The papers are from Sept 12th and 13th, 2001. That plane passed less than a thousand feet from where we were.

Ask me if I'm still pi$$ed.
    Last edited by rickthedrummer; 09-11-2016 at 08:03 PM. Reason: ===

User Info Menu

Default Re: 15 years

Such a terrible day. So many innocent people. You know it's very sad knowing that there are disgusting people out there that would do this. I always think of what the people in the planes were going through. It's a terrible thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

A horrific catastrophic tragedy. Upset every time this date reminds.
    Last edited by Olimpass; 09-11-2016 at 08:56 PM.

User Info Menu

I got married on 8-4-01 a month later this happens it really took the wind out of the sail. One thing for sure I will never forget my wedding anniversary or this tragic event.

User Info Menu

It seems like it just happened yesterday. Amazing that it's been 15 years already.
    Let's hope something that horrific never happens here again. God bless America.

User Info Menu

Time goes by so quickly, but, the images never fade. I remember on that morning I was on the GW Parkway on my way to Reagan National Airport to catch a flight when the plane hit the Pentagon.

User Info Menu

I definitely still remember every detail about that day....

Such a horrible horrible tragedy.

User Info Menu

I was driving to work, listening to the radio when it happened. I remember the first report was a "small plane" veered off course and hit the first tower. We turned on the TV at work and watched the events unfold as they happened in real time.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

I don't think there is one person who can't remember where they were when that horrible tragedy occurred.

As the saying goes, we won't forget. Applies in many ways.
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

Rick, I wished I have of known about those shirts because I sure would have bought some of them.

I am still pissed and everytime I see a picture of those buildings collapse it just eats at my gut.

I can't go any farther with this without getting banned here, so I'll just stop there.

Take care my friend and I hope you are well!

JIm
    Take care and seeya!

Jim

User Info Menu

I couldn't even begin to understand what those people felt, bith in the planes and in the buildings. I think that was the most horrific thing I've ever seen.
    Take care and seeya!

Jim

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    I was driving to work, listening to the radio when it happened. I remember the first report was a "small plane" veered off course and hit the first tower. We turned on the TV at work and watched the events unfold as they happened in real time.

I was at work and saw the VP looking like something bad had happened and he flipped on the TV in the breakroom and we watched the second plane hit and saw the rest of what happened.

I can't even begin to say how I felt when the towers started collapsing because I knew that many people had just died, especially the first responders......

horrible.....
    Take care and seeya!

Jim

User Info Menu

Don't forget about the Pentagon and especially the plane that went down in a field in Pennsylvania. They tend to get over-shadowed by the events at the towers. Those people who engaged the terrorists and brought that plane down to save the lives of others are true heros.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Don't forget about the Pentagon and especially the plane that went down in a field in Pennsylvania. They tend to get over-shadowed by the events at the towers. Those people who engaged the terrorists and brought that plane down to save the lives of others are true heros.
    They sure are!
    Take care and seeya!

Jim