Thread: Sonor Force 3007 Power 5pc Kit

User Info Menu

Default Sonor Force 3007 Power 5pc Kit

Hi All,

Midwest Percussion is offering a Sonor Force 3007 Power 5pc Kit w/Hardware and free 10 inch tom for $1299.00 with free shipping. http://www.midwestpercussion.com/dru...nor/index.html

As you may know this is an all Maple kit. Is anybody using this kit and if so how do you like it? Also does the bearing edges have a rolled outer edge or a sharp edge. I believe one of the great things about my Gretsch drums is the rolled bearing edge. This offers a much better contact point between the curve of the head and the edge of the drum. The Sonor may not be quite the drums that the Gretsch Renown’s are but this configuration is exactly what I’m looking for and with hardware to boot. And quite a savings too. OK Sonor people convince me this is a good buy.
    Now playing Gretsch and Slingerland Drums

User Info Menu

i have played a 3005 and thought it was an outstanding sounding kit. they are built VERY well from what i could tell. i think this kit would stack up pretty well against the renown.

User Info Menu

They are very nice drums, they are made by the same company that manufactures mapex drums only to Sonors specs. Sonor certainly knows what they are doing in making drums sound good!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by backtodrum View Post
    They are very nice drums, they are made by the same company that manufactures mapex drums only to Sonors specs. Sonor certainly knows what they are doing in making drums sound good!!
    How are their bearing edges made? Do you know?

User Info Menu

Sorry I don't know that, I would guess a double 45 because that is what most companies are doing these days.

User Info Menu

Default Man you gotta stop

or your gonna make me hafta have one of them ! Do the 3007 series have a 10 lug bass drum ? In the pictures 1 of the sets shown has only 8 lugs ??
    E Drums !! !

There are no loud instruments just loud players !

Protect Your Hearing !!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2slow View Post
    or your gonna make me hafta have one of them ! Do the 3007 series have a 10 lug bass drum ? In the pictures 1 of the sets shown has only 8 lugs ??
    10 on the 22 & 10 on the snare

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by backtodrum View Post
    Sorry I don't know that, I would guess a double 45 because that is what most companies are doing these days.
    This would not be good as a rolled or rounded edge mates to the drum head so much better. The really nice thing about the Gretsch product. You know, “That Great Gretsch Sound”.

User Info Menu

What differance does a 10 lug per side bass drum have over an 8 lug per side bass drum?

User Info Menu

finer tuning ability. most pro kits have 10 on anything 22" or bigger.

User Info Menu

That was presicely my point, how much fine tuning is really necessary on a Bass drum. I don't mean to sound argumentetive, that is not were I am going with this thread. But if 10 lugs is the ideal spacing on a 22" bass drum, then wouldn't it be better to have 12 lugs on a 26", but they are only made with 10 lugs and there is four inches difference in circumference. So I am betting that there is little to now difference in tuning from 8 to 10 lugs on a 22" bass drum. It is all in what we percieve to be the difference thats all. Same with snare drums. I am not advocating either way really, I am just trying to point out that all of the stuff we convince ourselves is important and makes one drum better than another when it comes right down to it dowsn't amount to hill of beans really!
    Last edited by backtodrum; 11-21-2007 at 10:16 PM.

User Info Menu

Both of my kits have 22 inch bass drums with 8 lug tuning. Not an issue on this size drum. At our guitarist house he has a store brand kit with only 6 lugs and that drum is OK sounding with only the 6. I believe going to 10 on the higher priced kits is simply a way to give the buyer a little more for their money. The more important factor is the construction, wood type, and heads used.

By the way, I’m still looking for a Sonor player that can tell me about their bearing edges. Their web site tends to make me think they are of a sharp design but pictures can be deceiving.