Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where are Bish & Late8???

User Info Menu

Question Where are Bish & Late8???

It's been a while since either was active. Just isn't the same. Hope they're both OK and doing well.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Default Re: Where are Bish & Late8???

Well you know how it goes. They are around for months and then boom they disappear. They are probably very busy with family, work etc. Sooner or later they will come back.

User Info Menu

if you don't know... I'm not telling you

User Info Menu

I'll send him a text on Monday. I've been a bit busy at work(my company was bought out by a big corporation) and I haven't been in contact with Rich for quite awhile. I'm sure he's just busy.
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    if you don't know... I'm not telling you
    LOL.

I'll take "Things your wife says when your in the dog house" for $200, Alex.
    -Brian

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Bish and Rich got together and headed for Casper, Wyoming. There is a rumor that there is a man who owns the last set of drums in Wyoming, which is a big deal being that the population of Wyoming is 12, and growing every century.

The "coming home" problem is that their GPS homes in on a Russian satellite and they are now in Biloxi, Mississippi trying to rent a boat big enough for them and their car so they can head for Baja California and work their way up the state like Lewis and Clark but could wind up like Lucy and Desi.

By the way, Baja means "used to be" in French and "where am I" in Mandarin.

Last I heard, they got the boat and are headed to Idaho, so it might take them a while. The boat pumps out 2 gallons of water for every 12 it takes on so it will be a interesting trip and they have to go slow through New Mexico as you aren't allowed to go fast enough to create a wake.

They did send a message through a ham radio operator that they can see for miles and miles but, they haven't seen anything yet.

"THEY SHALL RETURN" Bish was heard to say as they headed for Idaho and then are heading for California via the Philippines.

And so it goes.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    Bish and Rich got together and headed for Casper, Wyoming. There is a rumor that there is a man who owns the last set of drums in Wyoming, which is a big deal being that the population of Wyoming is 12, and growing every century.

The "coming home" problem is that their GPS homes in on a Russian satellite and they are now in Biloxi, Mississippi trying to rent a boat big enough for them and their car so they can head for Baja California and work their way up the state like Lewis and Clark but could wind up like Lucy and Desi.

Last I heard, they got the boat and are headed to Idaho, so it might take them a while. The boat pumps out 2 gallons of water for every 12 it takes on so it will be a interesting trip and they have to go slow through New Mexico as you aren't allowed to go fast enough to create a wake.

They did send a message through a ham radio operator that they can see for miles and miles but, they haven't seen anything yet.

"THEY SHALL RETURN" Bish was heard to say as they headed for Idaho and then are heading for California via the Philippines.

And so it goes.
    Wow. That's EXACTLY what I was thinking!
    -Brian

User Info Menu

Brian, if you know what I'm thinking of now, you go ahead and post it and I'll sit here with my scotch and see how close you are.

User Info Menu

Brian, if you know what I'm thinking of now, you go ahead and post it and I'll sit here with my scotch and see how close you are.
    Easy,

"Damn....I wish I had a Blonde to go with this scotch"
    -Brian

User Info Menu

Just in case I'm wrong, I'll add option B & C.....

B) "Should I go pound on my drums or go drive my 'Stang around?"
    C) "what's Frosty barking at now?"

Booze, Blondes, Mustangs, drums and a good dog. What else is worth thinking about?
    -Brian

User Info Menu

Damn, you're good.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Booze, Blondes, Mustangs, drums and a good dog.
    There's the foundation for a good country song.

User Info Menu

And so it goes.
    So they found a short cut, good.
    Mapex Saturn 6 pc
    14x6 mapex stainless steel snare
    Zildjian,Paiste, Meinl
    DW5000 td4 double pedal

User Info Menu

Who?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by piratemonkey124 View Post
    So they found a short cut, good.

They did finally get to Idaho where they threw the anchor over and proceeded to get some potatoes (if you only get 1, it's a potato, 2 are potatoes) to make some French fries.

While doing so, they were attacked by a Great White, which hide in the potato patches of Idaho (which, by the way, got it's name when someone asked 1 of the long time residents of the state back in the early 1800's where they were and the resident replied "I don't know", which, over the years became Idaho) and the wheat fields of Nebraska.

Rich was heard to utter, "we need a bigger boat or a smaller Great White", neither of which could be found. So Bish built a shark cage out of drumsticks and tried not to look like a seal.

They did get the potatoes and cut them into French fry size which is 3" by 1/4", or slightly smaller than a 2x4.

They did have a French fry feast but did set a potato patch on fire.

So that was the last place that Laurel and Hardy, I mean Rich and Bish were seen.

You say po-tay-toe and I say "oh shut the hell up".

More on our intrepid drum voyagers tomorrow.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by G-man View Post
    There's the foundation for a good country song.

It was but they cut the title down to "A boy named Sue".

User Info Menu

I swear I saw them out in the desert last night, really chilly! When I offered them a place to stay, they said that the shark wouldn't let them.

Darn sharks...
    Now, just a tiny bit less than an absolute drum newbie
    DW Collectors Cherry kit, Ludwig Black Beauty Snare, DW SuperSolid Oak/Cherry Snare, DW Sabian Vault Edge Snare

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Who?

Marc, you remember Rich and Bish. Bish is the 1 selling off a warehouse full of drums so he can (surprise) buy more drums and Rich is watching to see what Mrs Bish does when Bish starts buying more drums.

I suppose there is a logic in there somewhere, but I can't find it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cabasner View Post
    I swear I saw them out in the desert last night, really chilly! When I offered them a place to stay, they said that the shark wouldn't let them.

Darn sharks...

Yeah, sharks are tough to deal with. If it had been a hammerhead, they might have been able to work something out.

Great Whites trick you into taking a swim and posing for pictures. You would think that the theme from Jaws would be a hint.

I doubt if he still has that smile on his face. 1 chomp and you are history, 2 chomps and you are shark poop.
    Last edited by rickthedrummer; 10-03-2016 at 02:40 PM. Reason: ======

User Info Menu

If you look close at that picture and see where the sunlight falls on the guy and the shark, makes you wonder.

At the same time 1 would think that the person taking the picture would be the 2nd person to walk (run) on water.

User Info Menu

Did they happen to say WHAT KIND of drum set they were going to get in Wyoming ? These two guy don't miss a single detail when it comes to drums ! Must have been some very rare kit from Scandinavia or something...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jedi View Post
    Did they happen to say WHAT KIND of drum set they were going to get in Wyoming ? These two guy don't miss a single detail when it comes to drums ! Must have been some very rare kit from Scandinavia or something...

I heard it was a rare set of Sears drums from the '40's.

User Info Menu

That's how we can find them! We'll post a fake CL add in the Des Moines and Lodi areas; "FREE TO A GOOD HOME- vintage set of Camco drums, complete with vintage Zildjian cymbals. The recipient MUST prove they own at least 5 other sets of drums, MUST be over 45 years of age and must have extreme GAS". Then.....just sit back and wait for them to call.
    -Brian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    That's how we can find them! We'll post a fake CL add in the Des Moines and Lodi areas; "FREE TO A GOOD HOME- vintage set of Camco drums, complete with vintage Zildjian cymbals. The recipient MUST prove they own at least 5 other sets of drums, MUST be over 45 years of age and must have extreme GAS". Then.....just sit back and wait for them to call.
    Are you trying to find them, or kidnap them?
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrumWhipper View Post
    Are you trying to find them, or kidnap them?

No sense in kidnapping them, Mrs Bish and Mrs Late 8 would probably tell you to keep them.