Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Matthew

User Info Menu

Default Hurricane Matthew

Keeping Kay Gee and any other Drum Chat folks in the path in our prayers.
    Dave

Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi
    RIP my friend

Proud member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"

User Info Menu

Default Re: Hurricane Matthew

You are in my prayers. They are warning of winds up to 155mph in the caribbean.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Thanks guys. Means a lot to me. I think this is going to be the big one. I knew the risks when I agreed to move here with my wife in 2006. My philosophy is: prepare for the worst but hope for the best. We're all boarded up now and have plenty gasoline, food. (remember...it's the aftermath, not just the storm that can be the pain in the but) If the roads flood, which they often do even in ordinary rain, it could mean not getting to town for days, weeks perhaps. Worst of all is no power and no communication.

What we do have going for us is we're situated more or less in the middle of the island away from sea shores. We're surrounded on all sides by trees and a fairly high ridge to the north of us between us and the beach. It's a pretty solid house too, built entirely of logs up on pillars.

It still has to pass through Jamaica and Cuba, so we're hoping they may reduce it's power a bit. Right now it's a CAT 4 which ain't pretty!

all the best...

User Info Menu

Best of luck, our best friends are in Jamaica this week but the resort seems to have planned ahead according to them
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

wow! Best wishes I hope the best!

User Info Menu

Cat 4 is crazy-danger.
    Glad to hear you are prepared.
    I remember driving through Biloxi after Katrina...........a war zone.

I saw on the Weather Channel this morning they are expecting Cuba to take the strength down a notch...............hope that proves true.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    Thanks guys. Means a lot to me. I think this is going to be the big one. I knew the risks when I agreed to move here with my wife in 2006. My philosophy is: prepare for the worst but hope for the best. We're all boarded up now and have plenty gasoline, food. (remember...it's the aftermath, not just the storm that can be the pain in the but) If the roads flood, which they often do even in ordinary rain, it could mean not getting to town for days, weeks perhaps. Worst of all is no power and no communication.

What we do have going for us is we're situated more or less in the middle of the island away from sea shores. We're surrounded on all sides by trees and a fairly high ridge to the north of us between us and the beach. It's a pretty solid house too, built entirely of logs up on pillars.

It still has to pass through Jamaica and Cuba, so we're hoping they may reduce it's power a bit. Right now it's a CAT 4 which ain't pretty!

all the best...
    well.. at least you can still play drums when the powers out.
    Too Much Stuff.

User Info Menu

Mrs. Pocket and I are going to S. FL on Thursday for a long weekend. It'll be fine.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpatzST View Post
    well.. at least you can still play drums when the powers out.
    Yep. The benfits of not having an e-kit!

all the best...

User Info Menu

My prayers are with you kay-gee,and all that could be affected

Mike

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by myk View Post
    My prayers are with you kay-gee,and all that could be affected

Mike
    Thanks Myk

all the best...

User Info Menu

Meh, still going to FL this weekend.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Meh, still going to FL this weekend.
    Funny thing is...I'd planned to go to Ft. Lauderdale this weekend myself.

all the best...

User Info Menu

Finally watched the news last night visiting family.
    Wow is all I can say...
    Way larger than I pictured from what I heard and read.

User Info Menu

Yes I think that this one is bigger than Katrina was. I sure would postpone travelling to the Southern and Eastern States this week. She is going to be messy weekend for most folks cleaning up behind Matthew.
    Last edited by Pearl MCX Man; 10-05-2016 at 07:13 AM.

User Info Menu

Prayers for you
    Enjoy the little things in life because one day you`ll look back and realize they were the big things.

-Karrie

User Info Menu

So long and Godspeed my friends!!!

all the best...

User Info Menu

So long and Godspeed my friends!!!

Catch ya on the other side hopefully

all the best...

User Info Menu

So long and Godspeed my friends!!

hopefully catch you on the other side

all the best...

User Info Menu

Thinking about you kay-gee. Waiting to see you on the
    "other side".

User Info Menu

Mrs. Pocket got nervous. We're not going.

User Info Menu

Well guys. We're OK. Came through with flying colors. Not much property damage to speak of. However, no power or phone for a few days yet. I'm in Georgetown right now and they're up and running.

Wife and I sat out the hurricane with 5 dogs and two cats and a cooler full of wine and Canadian cheese and played board games while the storm was raging. I have a small generator so we had a light and a fan. Kinda romantic! LOL

Thanks to everyone

all the best...

User Info Menu

Well guys. We're OK. Came through with flying colors. Not much property damage to speak of. However, no power or phone for a few days yet. I'm in Georgetown right now and they're up and running.

Wife and I sat out the hurricane with 5 dogs and two cats and a cooler full of wine and Canadian cheese and played board games while the storm was raging. I have a small generator so we had a light and a fan. Kinda romantic! LOL

Thanks to everyone

all the best...
    Great to hear, glad everyone came through ok.
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

Thanks to everyone

all the best...
    Glad to hear from you KG. It looked ferocious down that way. Glad y'all are ok.
    Dave

Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi
    RIP my friend

Proud member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"

User Info Menu

Thanks to everyone

all the best...
    So the big question; Is the old Gretch kit OK?
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham