Thread: I traded my drum kit today...

User Info Menu

Default I traded my drum kit today...

I liked my PDP CX kit I just couldn''t deal with those tom sizes I wanted to bring back the Hair metal toms and I made a good trade I feel for a vintage 83 Tama Superstar kit.. I had to throw in some cash and other stuff to make the deal go down but I'm pretty happy!
    [IMG][/IMG]
    I had a lot of time to think it over lying in this hospital bed...
    I monkeyed with another monkey's monkey
    And her gorilla whupped upon my head!~Johnny Paycheck

User Info Menu

Default Re: I traded my drum kit today...

those look awesome!!! its not a wrap, right?
    Too Much Stuff.

User Info Menu

No it's red Mahogany natural stain. New Aquarian Heads tone wise they sound awesome! It was a good trade for both of us. The PdP kit was a nice set and I threw in a bunch of extras and cash to make it a fair trade. I think he had them since the 80s and wanted a more modern kit and I'm a child of the 80s lol

There's a little tom rash on the bass drum but yeah I'm stoked and in time I can see adding on to the kit. You know if you are looking for a new set and see something on Craigslist you like then send em a message and see if you can't work out a deal,all they can say is no. It's what I did.
    Last edited by wired; 10-05-2016 at 12:37 AM.

User Info Menu

what matters is your happy with it!
    Congrats on the trade!
    Bringing back the 80's... \m/

User Info Menu

What tom sizes did you have and what sizes are the Tamas. Nice finish and color.

User Info Menu

the pdp tom sizes were lke 9",12" with the 14" floor tom.. The Tama toms are 10,12 rack toms with a 16" floor tom and they are all deeper for playing hairmetal I suppose. I'd like to add another 18" inch floor tom. Maybe get some roto toms!

I think they call the finish "Cherry Wine" and I can certainly see why they were so popular. These have quite an attack..

I told you wrong. Seems I have a 12" tom and a 13" rack tom just measured them today. I was just going by looks probably need to get my eyes checked.. I'd like to find an 18" floor tom to go along with it and as I'm sure you know they made concert toms with these as well. It will take time but I'll add pieces to it eventually.. Just have to be patient. I bet it would be hard to match that cherry wine finish really don't want to fool with that! As far as I can tell that's the original finish from 83. Seems almost criminal to strip that down because of the tom rash on the bass drum....
    Last edited by wired; 10-08-2016 at 10:38 PM.

User Info Menu

Sweet Tamas! Great finish. Love the power toms. Brings back memories. Rock on!
    Proudly playing:
    Doc Sweeney Drums
    A bunch of snares
    A bunch of cymbals

Off-Set double pedals

I think I love to play the drums simply because you get to hit 'em!!!