Thread: Yet another drummer in the family...

User Info Menu

Default Yet another drummer in the family...

So my oldest son (almost 12) and I have been taking drum lessons since August and loving it. My youngest son (6 years old) comes down and plays on our kit with us, but as it is a full size kit, it is way too big for him to do anything but the snare, toms, and ride. He has now asked for a drum kit for Christmas that is his size. Looks like we will have 2 kits in the basement and 3 people drumming in the house! I am thinking of getting a Gammons 5 piece junior set as it looks like a great size for him (he is on the small side for a 6 year old). When I upgrade my hi hats and cymbals on my kit I will give him my ZBTs and get rid of the beginner cymbals on his set.
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

Default Re: Yet another drummer in the family...

That's awesome! My kiddos are asking for their own kit as well. The problem is lack of space. My kit is set up in the dinning room as it is. Good thing the wife approves lol
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: Yet another drummer in the family...

I have the Ludwig Jr. drumsets and I love them.
    Put Evans G2 clear heads on them and they sound great.
    I actually play on them myself!