Thread: Love this place

User Info Menu

Default Love this place

I just wanted to drop a note to say that I appreciate having this forum to visit, and it is great to learn from the vast amount of knowledge that is shared here. I've been playing for 26 of my 36 years on earth, but I have found that there is something I can learn from reading here nearly every time I visit. I believe that speaks well for the type of community this is, and the caliber of drummers on the site.
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: Love this place

Welcome.......................and BTW, you are exactly correct.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Welcome. You obviously haven't read any of my posts yet.

User Info Menu

At some point in time, you will read 1 of Marc's posts. Be afraid, be very afraid.

BUT

Where else could you go and get the best info on setting up, playing, how to practice, where to practice, why to practice, and why you need to learn all the rudiments.

AND

If you go over to the "Hot Girls" thread, you can see some of the most gorgeous bikini chicks, so you have Playboy and Modern Drummer all in 1 neat package.

Other drum forums can't/don't do that. At best you might get a chubby guy in shorts.

User Info Menu

I've also come to appreciate this forum.
    Not because I learn anything from you guys.... :P
    But because you all have the same appreciation and love that I do.

Thank you for helping me realize I'm not the only addict! HAHAHA

User Info Menu

I agree this place is awesome. As a newbie, I have found so much helpful information on tuning, cymbals, technique, etc. I enjoy reading the posts you guys put out there and always appreciate the answers I get to any of my questions.
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

I love this place as well. I don't post much anymore as I have nothing to offer in the way of drumming advise. This forum is one of the best I've ever been on. You start to realize that after you go to other online forums that some people are just nasty when they get behind a computer. You don't find that much here as everyone, for the most part, are generally very polite and always willing to give advice and help out their fellow drummers.

These days, I spend most of my time on Harley Davidson forums as I just bought my first ElectraGlide Ultra Classic. I've a lot to learn!
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

Refreshing DrumWhipper. Thanks for your comments!

User Info Menu

Yes me too. There is some great stuff on here. Incredible talent from amateur as well as professional players. My playing has definitely benefited from this forum.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    Not because I learn anything from you guys.... :P
    I see what you did there.

User Info Menu

"Not because I learn anything from you guys."

He learned plenty from the people at DC.

The fact that the snare drum goes in front of the seat and not behind it was 1. ( Explained by Bridie )

Had to show him the mechanics of fatherhood. He does 90 seconds of work, and then Cailyn has to take over for the next 9 months, and he's strutting around WI (wherever that is) like he did it. (Explained by all of us that have been fathers)

Cailyn probably had to order that 240 page, illustrated, hard cover book on how to change diapers because the complexities of doing so had to be explained in pictures. (Explained by the staff of DC)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    "Not because I learn anything from you guys."

He learned plenty from the people at DC.

The fact that the snare drum goes in front of the seat and not behind it was 1. ( Explained by Bridie )

Had to show him the mechanics of fatherhood. He does 90 seconds of work, and then Cailyn has to take over for the next 9 months, and he's strutting around WI (wherever that is) like he did it. (Explained by all of us that have been fathers)

Cailyn probably had to order that 240 page, illustrated, hard cover book on how to change diapers because the complexities of doing so had to be explained in pictures. (Explained by the staff of DC)

You forgot the infamous TP thread.
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!