Thread: First new song up!!!

Shazane Guest

Default First new song up!!!

Our cover of Behemoth's "Conquer All" has now been posted, as the first of the seven songs for our EP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgSUIHeh7P4
    here is the original song
    Last edited by Shazane; 11-23-2007 at 07:26 PM.

User Info Menu

It were allright. A bit too frantic for my likeing but ill blame Beomoth for that.

User Info Menu

I totally dug the music, but the vocals(if you can call it that)was just absolutely stupid and pointless, seriously what is the point of having a vocalist if you can't understand a flippin word.

Shazane Guest

well our mic sucks and we dont know how to EQ vocals at all... he isnt really that deep and unintelligible, we'll try to get it next time.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shazane View Post
    well our mic sucks and we dont know how to EQ vocals at all... he isnt really that deep and unintelligible, we'll try to get it next time.
    I was really bashing on the original vocalist and that genre of music in generel, I was not referring to your vocalist at all, actually you guys covered that tune very well, I just don't understand that type of vocal, maybe I am just old or somethin.

Shazane Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pdplayer View Post
    I was really bashing on the original vocalist and that genre of music in generel, I was not referring to your vocalist at all, actually you guys covered that tune very well, I just don't understand that type of vocal, maybe I am just old or somethin.
    Well, as you may understand, different styles of singing are used to carry different emotions, and in the old days a style like Ozzy's was perfect for metal, but over the years it has become much more brutal, and required a more intense array of emotions, the idea of the "death growl" is, for one, to create the right emotion, set the right mood. Second, metal has always been about balance, so this technique also turns the vocals into just another instrument rather than the driving force of the song. These things considered, it wouldn't sound right at all to have clean vocals in a song like this.

User Info Menu

Well, as you may understand, different styles of singing are used to carry different emotions, and in the old days a style like Ozzy's was perfect for metal, but over the years it has become much more brutal, and required a more intense array of emotions, the idea of the "death growl" is, for one, to create the right emotion, set the right mood. Second, metal has always been about balance, so this technique also turns the vocals into just another instrument rather than the driving force of the song. These things considered, it wouldn't sound right at all to have clean vocals in a song like this.
    Fair enough, but I think that those vocals ruin the entire song, I think a voice like Phil Anselmo or even a killer womans voice would sound awesome, and add to the emotion of the music, rather than destroy it, growling over killer music is not emotion, it retarded and absolutely destroys the music, now this is strickly just my opinion, obviously I hate these kind of vocals, there is no talent, no "emotion" in this type of singing, if anything it is opposite emotion, anyway thats my opinion and I am sticken to it.

Shazane Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pdplayer View Post
    Fair enough, but I think that those vocals ruin the entire song, I think a voice like Phil Anselmo or even a killer womans voice would sound awesome, and add to the emotion of the music, rather than destroy it, growling over killer music is not emotion, it retarded and absolutely destroys the music, now this is strickly just my opinion, obviously I hate these kind of vocals, there is no talent, no "emotion" in this type of singing, if anything it is opposite emotion, anyway thats my opinion and I am sticken to it.
    Fair enough, but saying there's "no talent"? come on, it does take ALOT of skill to do this correctly without destroying your vocal chords, some metal vocalists, especially Nergal (Behemoth) are extremely talented, even if you don't like the way they sound.

User Info Menu

Fair enough, but saying there's "no talent"? come on, it does take ALOT of skill to do this correctly without destroying your vocal chords, some metal vocalists, especially Nergal (Behemoth) are extremely talented, even if you don't like the way they sound.
    I dont like that type of vocal. But i wholehartedly agree with Shaz on this subject.

User Info Menu

I agree, and I apologize for calling it no talent.