Thread: Wish I still had it

User Info Menu

Default Wish I still had it

Sold my acoustic-electric kit today. It was beautiful and felt great but I just didn’t use it as much as I used to.

So I played my acoustic kit tonight and it seems even louder now that I don’t have the silent option. Even with rods. Hope I don’t regret selling the AE kit.

So what is your biggest gear “wish I still had it” regret?
    Gretsch Renown
    Ludwig Supraphonic
    Zildjian
    15”, 16”, 18” K Dark Thin
    16”, 18” K Sweet
    16" A Custom EFX
    20" K Custom Dark Ride
    22” 60’s A Ride
    14" 50's Thin hats
    14” K Sweet hats

User Info Menu

Default Re: Wish I still had it

The day I was moving back to southern California I stopped at the local pawn shop in town. I bought a 16" Scimitar and a 17" K dark custom both 2 for $30- I'm sure that was a steal back in 94'. Fast forward I'm back for about 6 months my former guitar player borrowed the 17K for his new drummer, got stolen that night. I was furious!! . My former guitar player did make it right and scored me a Ludwig Supra.

User Info Menu

I used to have a little 8-inch china cymbal from a brand called XingSir. Only one site was selling them at all and now they are all gone, and I stupidly sold the one I had. All the 8" chinas I've heard from other brands are too stiff and clangy. That was a very unique cymbal.

User Info Menu

Used to have a 1972 Rogers Dynasonic COB which I sold 10 yrs. later for groceries....
    SONOR 6 pc Special Edition 3007's red maple, old Pearl Brass 14x6 FF snare, Yamaha Tour Custom maple 8 pc., Tama 4 pc., honey amber B/B, Ludwig Supralite chrome 14x6.5 steel snare, Paiste, Saluda & Zildjian
    Loaned out Slingerland upgraded 4 pc 1963 black, wrapped maple + 14" Pearl birch FT
    The Almighty Speed King pedal, Speed Cobra, Sonor Single

http://www.screaminmelinas.com
    http://www.facebook.com/DerailedRockers/

User Info Menu

70's Zildjian A 22" Medium Ride that I bought with my first Ludwig kit back in '77. I loaned that cymbal to a friend back in the early 90's and he sold it right out from under me. Never saw that cymbal again ...

User Info Menu

Nothing yet, but I'll try not to make that mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

My only regret is losing the receipt for my 1971 Ludwig five-piece set (one up, two down) purchased new from Manny's Music in NYC. I can't remember if I paid $570 or $750. And, of course, I still have the drums.

User Info Menu

7 piece Ludwig red vistalite and 7 piece set of rogers both lost in a house fire in 2012.....

Jim
    Premier XPK Drums
    10, 12, 13, 14, 16 Suspended toms
    22 bass drum
    5 x 14 snare
    Premier Hardware
    Offset Double Pedal
    Sabian, Meniel cymbals
    Tama Metalworks 6.5 x 14" Black Nickel snare
    Ahead Drum Cases

User Info Menu

I've never sold any drum equipment in fear that I will miss/regret it....

User Info Menu

In 2006 I was diagnosed with cancer. To help cover a few treatments I sold these two kits. Selling the Ludwig kit is the biggest regret of my life so far. The Premier kit was amazing, but that Ludwig kit sounded so nice.

User Info Menu

That sucks man. Living in Canada, that thought does not even occur to us. Maybe one day your government will catch up with the rest of the world and keep its people out of bankruptcy and alive anytime an illness strikes. Amazing military though, does that go through your minds when the hospital bills come in?
    click to see my kit re-veneer/finish
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...168#post379168

User Info Menu

wait NPYYZ you had a semi normal size kit at one time?!

Because that Premier kit looks to be your standard size lol
    You're a nut like me!

But truly sorry to hear of your diagnosis and sorry you had to sell your kits.

User Info Menu

I miss a bunch of things I have sold over the years, but when I had to sell my Mapex QR kit to buy tires for my work truck I was Immediately in 'wish I still had it' mode It wasn't a high end kit, but it was solid, easy to tune, and looked amazing under the lights. We played a few gigs with them, but I only played them live on one song (I play guitar) I sold them for more than I paid for them but I miss them.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    wait NPYYZ you had a semi normal size kit at one time?!

Because that Premier kit looks to be your standard size lol
    You're a nut like me!

But truly sorry to hear of your diagnosis and sorry you had to sell your kits.
    I'm playing a 4 piece right now. Getting my arm and timing back in shape

User Info Menu

I gave a Pork Pie maple 13x4 snare to my brother six years ago. Played on it for a while this past October and totally wished it was back in my house again. Might offer my brother a different snare in trade.
    Proudly playing:
    Doc Sweeney Drums
    A bunch of snares
    A bunch of cymbals

Off-Set double pedals

I think I love to play the drums simply because you get to hit 'em!!!

User Info Menu

nothing fancy but I wish I still had a Granstar 24" kick and Granstar COW 7x14 snare, an old deep CB700 snare and a Pearl CX500 ride cymbal... mostly for just sentimental reasons. And a 22'' kick reso I painted a band name on. I have all my others except that one don't know how i lost that
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

I had a Yamaha Recording Custom 10/12/14/18. I sold it because I hated the color (teal). I ended up with a nice Beech Custom, then sold that for a new Catalina Maple. I wish I had both of those back.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    I've never sold any drum equipment...I BUY every snare, Yamaha and PDP drum I can.
    ^^^^^ There. Fixed it.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Easily my Sonor Beech, I sold it last year and miss it alot, Love my New Premier Elites but wish I still had the Beech kit as a 2nd kit. I asked they guy I sold it too if he wanted to seel it back to me at what he paid me and he said no way,,,LOL
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

The only thing I've ever sold really, 21" Agop Mel Lewis ride. Wasn't right for the music I play (I knew it when i bought it) but had such a nice sound and crashed beautifully...sold it for what I paid and I know it's in a good home

User Info Menu

My smoke-black Ludwig Vistalite kit.
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

My Ludwig Vistalite set with Tama Octobans and full Paiste cymbals.
    Sabian B8 20" Ride, B8 Pro 14" Hi Hats, B8 10" Splash, Meinl HCS 10" Splash, HCS 14" Crash, HCS 16" Crash, 18" HCS Crash/Ride, Meinl HiHat Tambourine, PDP DP402 Double Pedal, Sound Percussion 5 Piece, Wuhan China, Mapex Horizion 8 and 10" toms.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by coolcamera View Post
    My Ludwig Vistalite set with Tama Octobans and full Paiste cymbals.
    So cool in a 1970's kind of way.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hippychip View Post
    I miss a bunch of things I have sold over the years, but when I had to sell my Mapex QR kit to buy tires for my work truck I was Immediately in 'wish I still had it' mode It wasn't a high end kit, but it was solid, easy to tune, and looked amazing under the lights. We played a few gigs with them, but I only played them live on one song (I play guitar) I sold them for more than I paid for them but I miss them.
    Shirt matches the kit.
    FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes