Thread: Custom Zildjian Cymbal Box Set?

User Info Menu

Default Custom Zildjian Cymbal Box Set?

I'm after an A Custom box set but want to get a K Custom ride instead of the A Custom one. I've asked around but it seems you no longer get the "free" 18" crash in the box set if you add the K Custom ride. Anyone know what to do here? I'm thinking of getting the A Custom set and just selling the ride to buy the K ride, but I won't be able to get the same amount as I would if it was still in a box. Thanks!
    SPLAT-BOOM-SPLAT-BOOM-SPLAT-BOOM-GIGGA-TISH!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Custom Zildjian Cymbal Box Set?

Box sets are box sets and priced accordingly for that reason. I'd say your only solution if you want the free crash is to do what you said, sell the A Custom and get the K.

Or keep the A Custom ride and get the K down the line?

User Info Menu

Or keep the A Custom ride and get the K down the line?
    Yea, I was considering that but then I thought that if I was going to upgrade anyway, I might as well sell it while it's new and pay £50 extra for the K rather than get £100 for the used ride and have to pay like £250 for it. Thanks for your reply
    SPLAT-BOOM-SPLAT-BOOM-SPLAT-BOOM-GIGGA-TISH!

User Info Menu

Is there a local privately owned music store you can deal with? They may make you a deal...or at least work with you.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

You could just buy the cymbals used...then it's cheaper and you get the exact ones you want. Not sure if that's an option though.