Thread: Weekend Off To Great Start

User Info Menu

Default Weekend Off To Great Start

Well, this is a super way to start off the weekend. First, we lose a gig scheduled for tomorrow that was booked back in July because the venue decides to book the entire club for a corporate Christmas party. Nobody tells us. We find out about it from the chatter on FB. I end up firing our entertainment company over it because of the way that they handled it.

I get it that the club would rather rent out the room for $10,000-$12,000 for the night instead of having us in there where they pay us $1,200 and we bring in maybe 150 people. Problem is, obviously, you don't do that once you've made the commitment.

As far as the entertainment company goes.....they were clueless and useless. I had to fight to get paid even though we aren't going to play. Total BS. Ce la vie is guess.

Time to drink.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Weekend Off To Great Start

I feel like there must be past history and problems?

Because that's a crazy reason to fire the entertainment company.
    I'd hate to burn down bridges...

I know the feeling as we've had venues double book and not know it or tell us.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    I feel like there must be past history and problems?
    Yes. This was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    I'd hate to burn down bridges...
    The bridge was napalmed.

User Info Menu

Bummer. In lieu of that, drinking sounds like a winner ... cheers!

User Info Menu

We HAD a private party booked for next weekend. The people throwing the party were the ones that booked us and were going to pay us. They rented the banquet room at a local bar. Found out last week that the venue which is hosting the party strong-armed the people into canceling us and going with a DJ recommended by the venue manager. He told the people that his regular patrons would be able to hear the music, and since they are a younger crowd, they wouldn't like our style of music. He's right...it's not our type of crowd...but you'd think he would let them choose the type of music they want. He rents the back room out to private parties, makes them hire entertainment that his regular patrons want, then after a couple hours opens up the doors to the back room and takes advantage of the free entertainment. The people thought about changing the venue, but there was no other place available.

That's the SECOND TIME that venue/manager has done that to us. Needless to say, I won't even stop there to drink an occasional beer. The next time someone asks us about playing a private party, I'll make sure they don't book that venue. In fact, I'll recommend one of the other bars that books us and other bands like us.