Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can You Feel A Change ?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Can You Feel A Change ?

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigal Drummer View Post
    He said he could not be on stage with us knowing that some people in our band voted for Trump.

I'm the resident liberal in my current band and I've had to tell them to keep politics out of the band. I don't talk politics and I don't care that they voted for Trump but they felt the need to constantly joke at my expense and give me **** for NOT being a conservative.

I think bands only last a couple of years or so because the members usually meet each other in the band rather than coming together out of friendship or similar personalities. After a couple of years you get tired of being around people you wouldn't otherwise be friends with.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Can You Feel A Change ?

Back when Bush was reelected I got a call from the girl I was backing and she asked if I was willing to do a political gig . It paid GOOD money and all they asked was that if we were voting for the other side to be respectful and not get into arguments or start fights with any of the patrons . Easy enough . But it turned out that we in the band were all of the same mind politically and the gig turned out to be a blast as we were all rooting for the same people . I was planing on going to the party headquarters anyway that night and watch the results ... but this way I got payed to do so and it was a fun night .
    With the current band the leader does the annual fundraising party for one of our local reps . And it's with the party that I Am not affiliated with . But I still have a good time and I get payed very well for it . I have my picture taken with them and all . Heck ...the way I see it ...it's good to have friends at the top of both sides of the political field . You never know when you're going to need a favor...