Thread: This is the country I've chosen

User Info Menu

Default This is the country I've chosen

Today on the CZ music market, I saw this advert (translated from Czech of course):

(At the top, a picture of a naked woman playing a cello)

Cello, contrabass, 5+ string bass, keys
    Women are welcome, doesn't have to be naked.
    Our own music, hard rock, Czech- F*** english. We are slavs.
    Style SOAD...Samples available for listening only in person in a pub.

What burns me most is the overt nationalism, let's ignore the fact that Czech is an awful language, really awful for singing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ybL...=RDgReNr2t5Yu8

Also the fact that this music is so amazing, everyone would want to copy it so waste people's time having to meet these retards just to hear if you like it or not...and this is the country I've chosen!

User Info Menu

Default Re: This is the country I've chosen

Quote Originally Posted by jgziegler View Post
    Today on the CZ music market, I saw this advert (translated from Czech of course):

(At the top, a picture of a naked woman playing a cello)

Cello, contrabass, 5+ string bass, keys
    Women are welcome, doesn't have to be naked.
    Our own music, hard rock, Czech- F*** english. We are slavs.
    Style SOAD...Samples available for listening only in person in a pub.

What burns me most is the overt nationalism, let's ignore the fact that Czech is an awful language, really awful for singing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ybL...=RDgReNr2t5Yu8

Also the fact that this music is so amazing, everyone would want to copy it so waste people's time having to meet these retards just to hear if you like it or not...and this is the country I've chosen!

Visited Prague in the mid nineties.............had a great time, but most of the trip was a blur..............for various reasons.

Beautiful, clean city compared to most large cities and the women were absolutely gorgeous

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jgziegler View Post
    That was "singing"? I thought he was in pain!

Wow.
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

yeah no offense but not a country anywhere on my list of places to visit lol

User Info Menu

I grew up pretty much in the middle of Czech immigrant culture here in Nebraska. My grandmother spoke Czech, as did 90% of the older generation when I was growing up. The vast majority of small communities within 50 miles were predominantly Czech culture based. If a local family wasn't Czech, they were either German or Polish. Everyone's last name is loaded with a combination of D,V,K and Y. Many are pronounced nothing like they're spelled.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by longgun View Post
    Visited Prague in the mid nineties.............had a great time, but most of the trip was a blur..............for various reasons.

Beautiful, clean city compared to most large cities and the women were absolutely gorgeous
    There's a small town of about 300 people close to here named Prague, Nebraska. It's located a few miles from Czech Lake, in rolling prairie hills that locals nicknamed "the Bohemian Hills" or "Bohunk Hills". Every summer they have an outdoor mud volleyball tournament that draws hundreds of teams and thousands of people.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Yea the girls here are pretty hot, however polish, ukrainian, slovak, russian and balkan women are hotter (my teacher today asked when I'd go for "one of ours"). The czechs have a bit too much german influence in them (which is why the girls are hotter in eastern moravia than western bohemia).

I have a medical condition called "slovanic chronic", it is similar to jungle fever, the hispanic panic, yellow fever, and others.

@ Spaz, let me send you one of our beers and you will personally burn the PBR factory down and move here