Thread: Ludwig accent CS custom

User Info Menu

Default Ludwig accent CS custom

I've been thinking about another drum set. I would like to stick to a mid level set. My kit is not the bottom level accent kit but is mine mid level? I know my kit is definitely Birch and I picked it up used in beautiful condition for $200.00. I've replaced all the heads. Am I wasting my time with another mid level kit like a Tama superstar classic or Superstar hyperdrive?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Ludwig accent CS custom

Good heads and proper tuning can make most drums sound pretty good. That being said, I think you would notice a pretty significant sound quality difference if you decided to upgrade to a Starclassic or something similar. I would personally pass on the superstars and save for something little nicer.

If you are pleased with the way your drums sound, you may want to invest in some new cymbals, or a new snare or three. You can never have too many snares or cymbals. It all depends how far down the rabbit hole you want to go.

User Info Menu

Changing the Ludwig set for Tama superstars sounds like a sideways move rather than an upgrade, personally I wouldn't bother. Ignore the 'Accent' monicker, the CS Customs are a totally different proposition from the regular Accent - I believe they were made in a different factory to much higher standards than the basic models.

Just like Bongo said - if you want a Tama upgrade go for the Starclassics.

User Info Menu

I forgot to add that my cymbals are Sabían SR2's that I recently hand picked at my local shop. My snare is a Ludwig acrolite that I picked up and replaced the heads on and new snare wires.

User Info Menu

Heads are remo for snare and toms and Evans emad for kick. All new heads

User Info Menu

I think some mid level kits are just unbelievable now-n-days. They are just as good as high end products now. I don't think your wasting your time at all.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vlopez1130 View Post
    I forgot to add that my cymbals are Sabían SR2's that I recently hand picked at my local shop. My snare is a Ludwig acrolite that I picked up and replaced the heads on and new snare wires.

Sounds like a great setup............let's see some pics!

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    I think some mid level kits are just unbelievable now-n-days. They are just as good as high end products now. I don't think your wasting your time at all.
    +1

User Info Menu

I'd like to I'm still trying to figure out how to post pics

User Info Menu

I put a couple in my gallery

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crispycritters View Post
    Changing the Ludwig set for Tama superstars sounds like a sideways move rather than an upgrade, personally I wouldn't bother. Ignore the 'Accent' monicker, the CS Customs are a totally different proposition from the regular Accent - I believe they were made in a different factory to much higher standards than the basic models.

Just like Bongo said - if you want a Tama upgrade go for the Starclassics.
    I'm thinking this too. The CS Customs are a pretty solid mid-level Birch kit. Ludwig had/has marketing issues and never should have used the Accent name on them. I could see going to Starclassics Maple or B/B, but you'll need to go to a definite upper-mid or pro level kit to really gain much in terms of quality and/or sound.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

You guys are going to save me money for now lol

User Info Menu

Looks like I will be waiting for a true upgrade then

User Info Menu

I have the accent cs customs and love them. The birch shells really resonate. Beautiful sounding drums.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Well I'm sticking with them for a while. I've ordered new hardware I ordered the Yamaha ss950 snare stand and Pearl boom stands 3 of them. I'm researching hi hat stands. I figure get all quality hardware and when the time comes I will figure out what shells I want in terms of the drums themselves.