Thread: dopamine

User Info Menu

Talking dopamine

sooo today was the frist day of school and i decided to tell my purcussion teacher that i played the drums now so he asked if i wanted to try out for the band and i said yes i might be in a few days so any advice because i`ve never really done this before
    Oh tell me where your freedom lies
    The street are fields that never die.
    Deliver me from reasons why
    You`d rather cry
    I`d rather fly.

User Info Menu

Thumbs up dopamine

Well, mojo...do you know anyone in the school band? If you do, check with him and her to find out what they have done...he or she might be able to give you some tips...

Give it a try...you might surprise yourself!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

If your teacher thinks your good enough to try out for the band then go for it because you cant get a better recommendation really.good luck!

User Info Menu

Oooh I've tried out for band 3 years in a row and made it every time. Very easy. Just have to be able to read music and play a couple easy easy songs. Trust me, it won't be anything you cant handle.

(of course you don't go to my school so idk how your school works... but I doubt it will be hard)
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

If in any way I show signs of stupidity or lack of intellegence, this is why:

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

umm what grade are you in? Is it like a marching band or a concert band or like a jazz band?

User Info Menu

i`m in 8th but i think it`s like a concert band
    You`d rather cry
    I`d rather fly.

User Info Menu

i see 8 th grade is pretty cool. But i dont know about your school but my 8 th grade band was easy i was the best drummer yet i only had two other drummers in my grade
    R.I.P. Vic Firth Ralph Hardimon's you were my favorite

User Info Menu

yeah i made the band it was sooo easy man life is good
    You`d rather cry
    I`d rather fly.

User Info Menu

oh i just remembered we`re playing in the stand at a high school football game on friday with the high school band too bad i haven`t been to a practice yet but i will be there on monday and we`ll be playing a veterans day parade but thats a while from now thanx for all the advice you guys and girls rock
    You`d rather cry
    I`d rather fly.

User Info Menu

Omg our worst parade is coming up im a snare drummer and we have to march 4 miles for the firemans day parade. Longest one of the year
    R.I.P. Vic Firth Ralph Hardimon's you were my favorite

User Info Menu

wow that sux
    You`d rather cry
    I`d rather fly.

User Info Menu

Thumbs up dopamine

CONGRATS, MOJO!

Keep up the great work! And as always...
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

good job mojo!
    i told u it would be easy
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

If in any way I show signs of stupidity or lack of intellegence, this is why:

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

uhhh friday is nearing but anyway we`re learning how to play stuff from the blizzard of oz wizard of oz and me and a friend were talking about that dark side of the moon thing it`s cool to have friends that are as obsssed with music as me
    You`d rather cry
    I`d rather fly.