Thread: Looking at Sonor safari drum kit.

User Info Menu

Default Looking at Sonor safari drum kit.

I was looking at the Sonor safari drum kit and comparing it to the Ludwig breakbeat. Think Sonor safari is a better quality drum kit for the price. It looks alittle heavier and sturder and might last alot longer. I am still looking for a band to gig with. So i guess i will just keep looking and saving my money up.

Keep drumming
    Gregg

User Info Menu

Default Re: Looking at Sonor safari drum kit.

If you save up enough I would seriously recommend the DW frequent Flyer, heard one in person a few weeks back and was blown away. The 20 x 12 Bass drum sounded huge. I am still debating one but the $1000 - $1200 price tag is a lil steep for me
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Yea $1000.00 or more is to much. My Gretsch Catalina maple cost me alittle over $1000.00. That's why i'm looking for a small kit with a small price to maybe practice here at home or even play some gig's with.

User Info Menu

The safari has better sizes imo. 14" floor tom instead of the breakbeat's 13". Another thing is the floor tom legs on the breakbeats are super short.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

I don't know how you feel about birch drums but have you considered the Yamaha Stage Custom Bop kits? You can get a 12/14/18 100% birch shell pack for around $500 ...

User Info Menu

Mine is set up right now in my drum room next to my Drum Crafts. I've used them a lot, I'm tell'in ya they are cool drums for what they are. . . . .It's those Germans! My Drum Crafts, another German set.