Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did Santa bring any fun drum stuff this year?

User Info Menu

Default Did Santa bring any fun drum stuff this year?

The short answer for me would be no. However I did get a present for myself a couple weeks ago. A Ludwig Supraphonic LM402 was an early Christmas gift to myself. I'll forgo the pictures, as it seems every time I upload one it comes in a giant format.

Did anyone else get something special under the tree this year?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Did Santa bring any fun drum stuff this year?

I had a good practice and we made a new song today with my band, not bad for the 2nd night of Hannukah

I also bought 2 cheap snares a few weeks ago in anticipation of getting my teacher's 1965 Ludwig, tried out the jungle snare today as a second, had a lot of fun with it, and for me, that's a good enough present!

User Info Menu

No I was naughty lol. Seriously, no I really don't need any drum gear got all I want.

User Info Menu

No, but I got a little extra Christmas money to spend so I'm on a quest for a new ride cymbal that will be a belated Christmas gift to myself. I've been using a 20 inch Zildjian A Ping Ride for many years now and although it's perfect for the bigger gigs, I've decided that I would like something a little lighter and mellower for the smaller gigs.

User Info Menu

I'm putting together a 2nd state kit and ordered some wrap from Bum Wrap as a gift to myself. Should have it ready to go shortly after the first of the year.

User Info Menu

New Evan's heads for all the toms (8,10,12,13,14,16 and 18) and new sticks! Also on-line lessons with Artistworks!

Stu

User Info Menu

No drum gear... but I did get the book about making sound proof rooms for musicians
    14pc Yamaha Maple Custom Vintage (24pc in total) | 12pc PDP X7 | 9pc Ludwig Jr. | 9pc Pork Pie ZebraWood | 7pc PDP Classic Concept Maple | 4pc PDP Classic Concept Maple BOP | 5pc Sonor International | 5pc Ddrum Dominion | 5pc Orbitone | 4pc Sonor Martini | 70 Snare drums and growing!

User Info Menu

Thought about an item I saw in a farm store ad. It was a workers stool, looked hydraulic with wheels for $20. I thought, ...if I were to just remove the wheels? I wanted it but can't afford for myself this year. I'm at the point where I can barely afford interne
    Last edited by Olimpass; 12-25-2016 at 06:37 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    No drum gear... but I did get the book about making sound proof rooms for musicians
    A subtle hint from your better half?

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpass View Post
    I wanted it but can't afford for myself this year. I'm at the point where I can barely afford interne
    I see what you did there...

I got a new winter coat and shirts.....ironic that it was 60*F today, LOL.
    The family has no idea what I want/need in terms of drum stuff. So, I just buy my own. Last week I bout myself a lightweight Yamaha snare stand and a DW6000 series ultra-light weight flat base cymbal stand. This week I'm buying myself another one.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

I had a new Sabian Cymbal tshirt in my stocking lol
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Six piece Mapex Armory, Slingerland Studio King, DW Design Seried, and Mapex Exterminator drums, Centent Emperor cymbals.

User Info Menu

A few l&m gift cards.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrumWhipper View Post
    I had a new Sabian Cymbal tshirt in my stocking lol
    That would be awesome. I'd love to have some "drum" logo themed shirts, hats, sweatshirts, etc..
    Last edited by N2Bluz; 12-27-2016 at 03:35 PM.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    That would be awesome. I'd love to have some "drum" logo themed ****s, hats, sweatshirts, etc..
    I was thinking the same thing.
    RED DIRT MOUNTAIN
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

I bought myself a new leather jacket that was custom tailored for me. Really nice jacket, the seamstress did an awesome job.

no drum stuff, but we do have a new drummer nutcracker decoration this year
    RED DIRT MOUNTAIN
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

I gifted myself a Supralite(got free drum key with that!), my son gave me Regal Tip 5A's and a set of Remo Ambassador X heads. Whoohoo!
    SONOR 6 pc Special Edition 3007's red maple, old Pearl Brass 14x6 FF snare, Yamaha Tour Custom maple 8 pc., Tama 4 pc., honey amber B/B, Ludwig Supralite chrome 14x6.5 steel snare, Paiste, Saluda & Zildjian
    Loaned out Slingerland upgraded 4 pc 1963 black, wrapped maple + 14" Pearl birch FT
    The Almighty Speed King pedal, Speed Cobra, Sonor Single

http://www.screaminmelinas.com
    http://www.facebook.com/DerailedRockers/

User Info Menu

Received a new stick holder, Ahead brushes and a Kickpro drum pillow.

User Info Menu

I got six pairs of Vater 5B drumsticks today. They should last a while! Came with a free Vater drumstick keychain too lol.
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Six piece Mapex Armory, Slingerland Studio King, DW Design Seried, and Mapex Exterminator drums, Centent Emperor cymbals.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    A subtle hint from your better half?

No I requested the book after seeing a post about it here.
    I want to make a music room.
    14pc Yamaha Maple Custom Vintage (24pc in total) | 12pc PDP X7 | 9pc Ludwig Jr. | 9pc Pork Pie ZebraWood | 7pc PDP Classic Concept Maple | 4pc PDP Classic Concept Maple BOP | 5pc Sonor International | 5pc Ddrum Dominion | 5pc Orbitone | 4pc Sonor Martini | 70 Snare drums and growing!

User Info Menu

My daughter gave me a new T-shirt that has a pair of drumsticks on it and just below it says................

"Weapons of Mass Percussion"
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

No drum stuff but I got a FitBit. Was she giving me a hint?

User Info Menu

I got a rock.
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

And, I almost forgot...................

I got the DVD of TIME STAND STILL...............new documentary of what looks like the final performances (and a lot of history) of RUSH.

Recommended....................
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dangermoney View Post
    No, but I got a little extra Christmas money to spend so I'm on a quest for a new ride cymbal that will be a belated Christmas gift to myself. I've been using a 20 inch Zildjian A Ping Ride for many years now and although it's perfect for the bigger gigs, I've decided that I would like something a little lighter and mellower for the smaller gigs.
    I am also looking for an alternate to my 20" A Ping ride. Too funny.
    Proudly playing:
    Doc Sweeney Drums
    A bunch of snares
    A bunch of cymbals

Off-Set double pedals

I think I love to play the drums simply because you get to hit 'em!!!

User Info Menu

It appears that what I consider "FUN STUFF" is diametrically opposed to what my drumming brothers consider "FUN STUFF".

To each his whatever.

User Info Menu

Well haven't gotten it yet. Need some input. Last year when I bought the new kit, I wimped out and bought Zildjan ZBT cymbal pack. Just trying to save money. Big mistake. So far I replace the 16" crash with a K med thin dark crash, and I really like the way it sounds so know I neeed another crash to pair it with and a new ride. What are your opinions. Mostly play country and classic rock. Thanks for your input.