Thread: Help with switch from CD player to Mp3? Advice? Ideas?

User Info Menu

Default Help with switch from CD player to Mp3? Advice? Ideas?

Currently using a small portable cd player which i plug into a small pignose amp. That's what i practice with. But what I'd like to be able to do is download a current song that's on the radio and be able to play that through my amp. So my question really is: can you recommend an inexpesive device like an mp3 player maybe that i would be able to download songs to and then play back through my amp. And no i don't have a smart phone just an android tablet.
    Thank you for taking the time to respond.
    Enjoy the little things in life because one day you`ll look back and realize they were the big things.

-Karrie

User Info Menu

Default Re: Help with switch from CD player to Mp3? Advice? Ideas?

There are many mp3 players out there.

You can download songs from youtube with a youtube to mp3 converter and save them on your computer.

Transfer the mp3's from the computer to your mp3 device plugged into your computer.

User Info Menu

I use a Sony Walkman patched into my Roland E-kit for learning songs. I download the mp3 song files to my computer and then copy them over to the Walkman where I have them organized into folders.

I can also take the Walkman to work with me and just listen to the songs via ear buds ...

User Info Menu

Youtube to mp3 converter ?

How much does that cost ?

I'm old school:
    I download new songs from Amazon then burn them to a CD.
    I then listen to the CD through a Sony player and Sherwood amp with a great pair of Sennheiser headphones.

When we are preparing for a gig, I burn the songs to a CD in the same order as our set-list and practice the sets at home 2 or 3 times before the gig.
    I walk in prepared.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Does the Android tablet have internet connectivity? If it does, go to youtube and find the music you want, get a plug and cable for the Android that fits the head phone jack and plug into your amp.
    Later, you get Audio Hijack pro and copy the youtube mp3 music onto your computer and then to the tablet.
    SONOR 6 pc Special Edition 3007's red maple, old Pearl Brass 14x6 FF snare, Yamaha Tour Custom maple 8 pc., Tama 4 pc., honey amber B/B, Ludwig Supralite chrome 14x6.5 steel snare, Paiste, Saluda & Zildjian
    Loaned out Slingerland upgraded 4 pc 1963 black, wrapped maple + 14" Pearl birch FT
    The Almighty Speed King pedal, Speed Cobra, Sonor Single

http://www.screaminmelinas.com
    http://www.facebook.com/DerailedRockers/

User Info Menu

there are probably a billion youtube to mp3 converters, this is the one I used to use:
    https://www.onlinevideoconverter.com/mp3-converter

with an android tablet you should be able to get external storage (sd card) which are crazy cheap, 64gb is about 60USD, so basically 1USD per gig.

Besides youtube, there is also the piratebay if you are into online piracy (arrrrhhh matey!)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post

I'm old school:
    I then listen to the CD through a Sony player and Sherwood amp with a great pair of Sennheiser headphones.

When we are preparing for a gig, I burn the songs to a CD in the same order as our set-list and practice the sets at home 2 or 3 times before the gig.
    I walk in prepared.
    Wow. That is old, old school.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Wow. That is old, old school.
    I'm old -- my drums are old -- and everything still works perfect.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

I'm old school:

I walk in prepared.
    Yeah I do the same, I download songs from soundike.com (only .15 cents a song) and burn them to a cd, I then play them on my cd player which is going into my 6 channel board with my drum mics and I hear it all on my headphones.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NikoSeven View Post
    Currently using a small portable cd player which i plug into a small pignose amp. That's what i practice with. But what I'd like to be able to do is download a current song that's on the radio and be able to play that through my amp. So my question really is: can you recommend an inexpesive device like an mp3 player maybe that i would be able to download songs to and then play back through my amp. And no i don't have a smart phone just an android tablet.
    Thank you for taking the time to respond.
    I'm very happy with my older (Gen 4) Ipod Touch. You can load it up with music or use the Wi-Fi connection, etc.

Quite pleased with it.

Just my $0.02...

Rich
    DW drums and Paiste cymbals.

User Info Menu

I use my Peavey 8600 PA head as a output source and wire up a Sony Walkman as a playback source and use a Roland Edirol MP3 recorder/player that is hooked up via RCA/3.5 mini cable to convert CDs to MP3 format.

RCA to 3.5 mini cable

If I want to record Youtube audio, I'll use a 3.5 to 3.5 mini cable and tap out of the headphone jack on the laptop to the 3.5 input on the Edirol recorder/player

User Info Menu

I'm old -- my drums are old -- and everything still works perfect.
    Cool. Never said old school was bad. Just old.

User Info Menu

You guys have some good ideas. I just dial up YouTube on my phone, put the isolating head phones on and jam away.

I thought my wife was the last person on earth still using CDs! haha. I don't listen to much music any more, but what I do listen to is either on the built in hard drive in my Jeep or streaming on my phone (or Satellite radio).