Thread: Annoyed

User Info Menu

Angry Annoyed

The other day i ordered a Roc n Soc drum throne which came today. I took my old throne top off the base and tried to put the new one onto the base, but the roc n soc's mount was too small to fit on. Now it seems i am going to have to buy a new base, when i have already spent quite a bit of money on a seat. I have seen thrones with clamps on them, so can fit on about any base, why doesn't Roc n Soc do this, for such an expensive seat?
    Technique doesn't mean **** if you can't blast beat and spin sticks - Steve Gadd

User Info Menu

Default Re: Annoyed

Very simple they want you to buy a whole new throne. If I were you I would contact them and see what can be done. They have a pretty good PR. Good luck.

User Info Menu

How much larger is the post? Maybe a rubber barrel drum sander in a dremel tool could enlarge it enough to adapt?
    click to see my kit re-veneer/finish
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...168#post379168

User Info Menu

Hmmm, I have a vintage Rogers (Big R) base and purchased just the RnS seat and it fit perfectly. What brand is your other tripod?
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Hmmm, I have a vintage Rogers (Big R) base and purchased just the RnS seat and it fit perfectly. What brand is your other tripod?
    it's a stagg brand, which is pretty cheap, but it's double braced and very sturdy
    Technique doesn't mean **** if you can't blast beat and spin sticks - Steve Gadd

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by signia fan View Post
    How much larger is the post? Maybe a rubber barrel drum sander in a dremel tool could enlarge it enough to adapt?
    It is only a tiny bit larger ,possibly 2 millimetres, but i don't have a dremel unfortunately

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    Very simple they want you to buy a whole new throne. If I were you I would contact them and see what can be done. They have a pretty good PR. Good luck.
    Thanks, i have already contacted the seller, but i have yet to try contacting Roc n Soc themselves

User Info Menu

You can unscrew the clamp/base from the bottom of your old seat and transfer it to the new seat bottom , after you've removed the base/clamp from the RnS seat . You might have to do some drilling but it will work .

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jedi View Post
    You can unscrew the clamp/base from the bottom of your old seat and transfer it to the new seat bottom , after you've removed the base/clamp from the RnS seat . You might have to do some drilling but it will work .
    A drummer with powertools is unstoppable!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jedi View Post
    This was my thought as well .

Take the mount from your old throne and put it on the new one.

User Info Menu

You spent the money on the seat, just buy the base for it---probably would have been cheaper to buy the whole thing in the first place---if you play your drums a lot you will find out that your throne is the most important part of the kit!

User Info Menu

So, I emailed the shop i bought the throne from and they gave me a discount on a new base, so i went with that. While i wait for it to be delivered, the seat makes a very comfortable foot rest under my desk!

User Info Menu

glad they helped you out.