Thread: Cymbal and Drum Mutes

User Info Menu

Default Cymbal and Drum Mutes

Hi All,

I have been looking at cymbomutes for the cymbals which sound awesome in terms of muting the cymbals.

I am looking for the quietest Drum mutes as well, any one with any suggestions? so many out there to choose from.

Thanks.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Cymbal and Drum Mutes

Quote Originally Posted by omauro View Post
    Hi All,

I have been looking at cymbomutes for the cymbals which sound awesome in terms of muting the cymbals.

I am looking for the quietest Drum mutes as well, any one with any suggestions? so many out there to choose from.

Thanks.
    the vic firth ones are good
    Too Much Stuff.

User Info Menu

What is your goal here. Are you wanting to mute the drums for practice or cut down the ring in performance?

User Info Menu

Hi Zickos,

Yes i'm trying to mute my drums for as quiet a practice as possible, so not to bother other people in the house.

User Info Menu

The company Sound Off makes a good product for that purpose. I use them in my teaching studio so as to not irritate the neighbors.

User Info Menu

Thanks guys ill look into these.

User Info Menu

I have two sets, one for drums and one for cymbals. I'm not using them any more. Let's make a deal.

They weigh a ton so keep the shipping cost in mind (esp if being shipped to Canada) if you have any interest.

I can get more information as I've had them boxed up for several years and don't recall what brands they are, but they work great.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Superpads are great but pricey.
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle

User Info Menu

I tried the cymbal/drum mutes in the past but the feel and sound become annoying. I decided to buy a Roland TD-9 e-kit a number of years ago and never looked back. With headphones on they sound like real drums and I can practice anytime day or night and not bother my wife. She is happy and I am happy. More expensive than mutes but in my opinion a better solution. They do have a different feel than acoustic drums but once you get used to the slightly different way you play them the sound and playing enjoyment is desirable.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummerdanva View Post
    I tried the cymbal/drum mutes in the past but the feel and sound become annoying. I decided to buy a Roland TD-9 e-kit a number of years ago and never looked back. With headphones on they sound like real drums and I can practice anytime day or night and not bother my wife. She is happy and I am happy. More expensive than mutes but in my opinion a better solution. They do have a different feel than acoustic drums but once you get used to the slightly different way you play them the sound and playing enjoyment is desirable.
    Edrums get a bad rap, but I think they're great! I have the second from bottom Yammy module and with headphones they sound amazing (most people only ever hear them out of crappy speakers). Also, unlike mutes, you can add the ekit to your normal set up if you want. I think Late8 does this and in moderation can be an awesome addition to your sound.
    Yamaha DTX 500 module
    Anatolian Kappadokia 14" Rock High Hats
    Sabian El Sabor 20" Ride
    Zildjian A 18" Crash Ride
    Istanbul Agop 16" Trash Hit
    1950's Zildjian 14" Splash/light crash
    Istanbul 8" Splash (pre 1997)
    Mapex Black Panther Steel Piccolo
    1965 Premier 3 piece 10, 16, 22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by omauro View Post
    Hi All,

Thanks.
    Hey!

Have you considered the Low Volume Zildjian Cymbals and Remo Silentstroke heads? I tried them out in the local drum store the other day and I'm seriously considering getting them. Sound and feel like a real kit, but at a fraction of the volume... Great if you've got a second kit you can just use for practice, but if you take the mutes on and off often it may become a hassle constantly changing the heads.

Maybe worth a look though!

User Info Menu

I'm running the mesh drum heads and zildjian L80 cymbals on my practice kit so I can play even when the baby is sleeping.
    Super quiet!