Thread: Different Tuning

User Info Menu

Default Different Tuning

I've been waiting a week for my new heads to come in, so I messed around with the tuning while I'm waiting.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Different Tuning

What did you order?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    What did you order?

Evans Black Chrome. Some like them, some don't. I figured "what the hell", give them a try.

User Info Menu

Sweet. Dare I say....you're almost TOO fast. I need a better set of speakers than my iPhone to differentiate the individual strokes and tom sounds. It just sounds like one big drum roll, LOL. My ears can't keep up with your sticks!
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Sweet. Dare I say....you're almost TOO fast. I need a better set of speakers than my iPhone to differentiate the individual strokes and tom sounds. It just sounds like one big drum roll, LOL. My ears can't keep up with your sticks!

Brian, my friend, it is 1 long roll. Then you throw in a little over-under, grab a cymbal (don't know why) and call it quits.

Past that, I just lie and say that it's fast. People have been buying into that for decades, and speeding up the camera never hurts.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    Brian, my friend, it is 1 long roll. Then you throw in a little over-under, grab a cymbal (don't know why) and call it quits.

Past that, I just lie and say that it's fast. People have been buying into that for decades, and speeding up the camera never hurts.
    Ah, the ole' reach around

User Info Menu

man.. i wish you were local so i could get some lessons That tuning.. sounds very old school to me.. like you should be playing caravan on it..

P.S. not really the right term for it.. but just reminds me of old big band drums