Thread: Really bad day at work

User Info Menu

Default Really bad day at work

I had a really bad day at work today. So depressed that I don't even know if I want to play in the talent show now. Last night I just set up my bass drum and haven't set the rest of the kit up. Trying not to let everything bother me. Maybe I will set up the rest of my kit and then work on my practice pad some. Hopefully that will help me get over this feeling of depression. Maybe drumming will be good therapy for me I just don't know. Sorry for venting like this. There is always tomorrow and maybe it will be better.

Keep drumming
    Gregg

User Info Menu

Default Re: Really bad day at work

There is always tomorrow . Don't let it get to you . Drumming is a great way of getting your mind off of bad things . Even just cleaning the drums or just sitting on the drum seat .
    Remember that you are part of this brotherhood...and we're all pulling for you .
    Peace my friend .

User Info Menu

Thank you jedi that really help me a lot. Oh and I just finished setting up my 4 piece kit. Started fooling around and realized it is 8:30pm I better stop before I upset the neighbors.

Thanks Again.

User Info Menu

Yep. That's what we're here for. We've all been there, and we're all in this together.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy79 View Post
    Thank you jedi that really help me a lot. Oh and I just finished setting up my 4 piece kit. Started fooling around and realized it is 8:30pm I better stop before I upset the neighbors.

Thanks Again.
    Ha Ha HA ! There ya go ! Keep your chin up and remember....
    RLRR LRLL RLRR LRLL ....

User Info Menu

what do you do for work

User Info Menu

Gregg, glad you're feeling better. I remember you mentioned that you're a veteran and have served in Iraq. Thank you!

Please continue to reach out to us. We are here for you. Keep playing!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Gregg, glad you're feeling better. I remember you mentioned that you're a veteran and have served in Iraq. Thank you!
    Yes -- thank you for your service and for being a part of the drumming community.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

I had what seemed to be a promising Tinder date completely stand me up. I went home and played. Didn't go for a beer, or call a friend and then get a beer. Just played and it was the smartest thing I could've done.

Earlier this year I was in a real funk and I didn't play/practice. Huge mistake. We play THE BEST instrument for stress/unhappiness relief. Put on some music you like and bash away the blues! (that would be a great name for a metal/blues crossover album btw)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jgziegler View Post
    I had what seemed to be a promising Tinder date completely stand me up. I went home and played. Didn't go for a beer, or call a friend and then get a beer. Just played and it was the smartest thing I could've done.

Earlier this year I was in a real funk and I didn't play/practice. Huge mistake. We play THE BEST instrument for stress/unhappiness relief. Put on some music you like and bash away the blues! (that would be a great name for a metal/blues crossover album btw)
    Great words of wisdom!! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

User Info Menu

I work in housekeeping at the VA medical center.