Thread: Pearl H890 hi-hat stand modification question

User Info Menu

Default Pearl H890 hi-hat stand modification question

Hi,

my 1st post on this forum.

Question about Pearl's H890 hi-hat stand.

About threads that are on bottom end of rod (part no. "D LPR-90 Lower Pull Rod Complete") on pedal, is it mm or inch? I was thinking to lower the pedalplate more than the adjust system gives, and how about if an extension nut is used at the bottom, between rods end and pedal like this (from top)
    1. hihat rod
    2. extension nut
    3. small lenght treaded rod
    4. hihat pedal's chain

What do you think about diy lowering like that?

Specs and pictures can be found from Pearl's sites support pages and spare parts catalogue (year 2009, page 16; http://pearldrum.com/support/spare-p...ts-catalog.pdf )

User Info Menu

Default Re: Pearl H890 hi-hat stand modification question

Quote Originally Posted by mh138 View Post
    Hi,

my 1st post on this forum.

Question about Pearl's H890 hi-hat stand.

About threads that are on bottom end of rod (part no. "D LPR-90 Lower Pull Rod Complete") on pedal, is it mm or inch? I was thinking to lower the pedalplate more than the adjust system gives, and how about if an extension nut is used at the bottom, between rods end and pedal like this (from top)
    1. hihat rod
    2. extension nut
    3. small lenght treaded rod
    4. hihat pedal's chain

What do you think about diy lowering like that?

Specs and pictures can be found from Pearl's sites support pages and spare parts catalogue (year 2009, page 16; http://pearldrum.com/support/spare-p...ts-catalog.pdf )

Welcome to the forum mh138! The hihat spring on the lower pull rod has tension pre-loaded and will push up. In humble opinion, by merely extending the pull rod will only make the pull rod taller. The pedal will always stay the same height on the H890 due to the spring's pre-loaded tension on the rod.

The H-2000, on the other hand, has the ability to adjust the pedal height by loosening the nut on the chain at the cam housing.

The H890 has NO pedal height adjustment other than pulling the hihat pull rod down and tightening the clutch on the upper rod but this will only increase the gap between hats but it will lower the pedal.

Last edited by late8; 01-18-2017 at 12:39 PM.

User Info Menu

Just a connecting link to the roller chain. It's probably metric, but if you take the chain into a local Bearing and Industrial supply place they should be able to ID it. You may need to use an offset link, depending on how the chain is configured.
    Last edited by N2Bluz; 01-18-2017 at 12:36 PM.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

I'd be more likely to replace the stand with one more suitable to my needs. Sometime, get messing around with that stuff it never works right after.

all the best...