Thread: stick recommendation

User Info Menu

Default stick recommendation

I've been looking for the pair for me, which means for playing blues rock, rock and or funk. I've tried a bunch of different ones and still haven't found what I'm looking for.

I've realized that I have to play nylon tips as the wood ones chip too easily with me and sticks here cost more than in the us and I make a lot less so nylon it is.

I picked up a pair of Omar Hakim sig sticks, with these specs:
    Diameter:.585" | 1.49cm Length: 16" | 40.64cm Short Taper
    http://s1.lonestarpercussion.com/res...-Firth-SOH.jpg

These are almost the ones. I realized the small round tip comes close to a wood tip, so I like that, I also like a shorter taper. My only issue is that these sticks are a bit heavy. So I need something lighter...

I've done some research but can't seem to find anything, so when in doubt, ask the experts here! Thanks!

User Info Menu

Default Re: stick recommendation

I've always liked the round tip sticks. Sound great on the ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    I've always liked the round tip sticks. Sound great on the ride.
    yea, the hakim sticks are my first go with round tips, and i was quite impressed.

I continued some research, what I can get here are the Dennis Chamber's Zildjian sticks, and actually Vater's Goodwoods...the only thing is while I'm not too picky when it comes to sticks being perfect, I don't want to just throw my money away on crap...

User Info Menu

A GC Rep told me that Vic Firth makes the sticks for Zildjian. You might want to look into Vic Firths selection and find something similar to the Dennis Chamber stick.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Goro View Post
    A GC Rep told me that Vic Firth makes the sticks for Zildjian. You might want to look into Vic Firths selection and find something similar to the Dennis Chamber stick.
    I have, the closest thing would be the 5AN, but the tip is wrong...