Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what happened?

User Info Menu

Default what happened?

what happened to the last couple days of posts?
    I am not seeing them!

User Info Menu

Default Re: what happened?

Yep.....MIA.

User Info Menu

They are all out looking for a "virgin" post. They want to see if there is a difference in the sound of the writing if punctuation is used or not used.

The ? mark is the 1 that causes the most problems. The word before the ? might be "HUH" or "huh", or the ever popular "What the hell just happened"?

I really don't care what happened. All I know is that I'm 2 days younger than I was yesterday.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    They are all out looking for a "virgin" post. They want to see if there is a difference in the sound of the writing if punctuation is used or not used.

The ? mark is the 1 that causes the most problems. The word before the ? might be "HUH" or "huh", or the ever popular "What the hell just happened"?

I really don't care what happened. All I know is that I'm 2 days younger than I was yesterday.
    The 60's had to have been really, really, really good for you.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    The 60's had to have been really, really, really good for you.

They started out really good and finished up with little people trying their best to kill me.

User Info Menu

Guys, I'm just learning about this but apparently the servers were upgraded. There wasn't supposed to be any disruption or consequence but it looks like that didn't happen. Admin is checking on it as we speak. I'm not sure if they can be revived or not but as soon as I know something, I will pass it on... or su_admin will be posting to update.

User Info Menu

Those pesky Russians, again?
    SONOR 6 pc Special Edition 3007's red maple, old Pearl Brass 14x6 FF snare, Yamaha Tour Custom maple 8 pc., Tama 4 pc., honey amber B/B, Ludwig Supralite chrome 14x6.5 steel snare, Paiste, Saluda & Zildjian
    Loaned out Slingerland upgraded 4 pc 1963 black, wrapped maple + 14" Pearl birch FT
    The Almighty Speed King pedal, Speed Cobra, Sonor Single

http://www.screaminmelinas.com
    http://www.facebook.com/DerailedRockers/

User Info Menu

Maybe they wiped the server clean......like with a rag or something.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Wow, not good. Maybe should have had a database backup before the "upgrade"?

BTW - What was upgraded? I see no difference on the site.

EDIT: Plus, new posts aren't showing up when you go back to the main forum. Me thinks the "upgrade" didn't go to well.

Oh well. I'm sure it will be sorted out eventually.
    Last edited by Markadiddle; 01-21-2017 at 10:10 AM.
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

And to think, I had made it to 1000 posts, and now its Groundhog Day again! I'll never make it to 1000 again!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkyruss View Post
    And to think, I had made it to 1000 posts, and now its Groundhog Day again! I'll never make it to 1000 again!
    haha you get to relive the whole experience again!
    Too Much Stuff.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkyruss View Post
    I was at about 30,000! Oh wait... nevermind. Thought I was PastorBob for a minute.

Wow, whatever is going on with this site is really messed up. I just posted this, got an error and then it said it was a duplicate post. Man, I sure hope they figure out what's the dilly-o with the board.
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Maybe they wiped the server clean......like with a rag or something.
    Still laughing about this one. Love obscure reference humor.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinglander View Post
    those pesky russians, again?
    rofl!
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

Modern technology, you have to love it. I can turn on my PC and learn about this (which I think I know) to that (of which I haven't a clue) and it tells me everything I want to know, and some stuff I don't.

We have become so dependent on these technological marvels that we have to have the ability to know nothing so we can get the information from our PC's, laptops, Iphones, and the 4 year old kid down the block.

Then when a massive foul up happens (which is inevitable), we go into the bathroom, look at the bowl, and have to get our copy of "Flushing For Idiots" to remember what to do with whatever we do.

Sometimes I miss the old days when your phone came in a variety of colors, black, or maybe black, with a cord that only went 6 ' and not these phones today where you can travel 1/2 way around the world and still not lose the SOB that you didn't want to talk to in the first place. When you could work on your car in the backyard without needing the JPL people for assistance, and it didn't talk to you and tell that you just missed your turn for California and are now headed for North Dakota.

I bought a GPS when I 1st moved to NC, and it works so good that it tells me that I have reached my destination when I hit the bottom of my driveway.

When I bought my no longer new Mustang, I didn't opt for the built-in GPS and Recaro seats because 1) I can get around pretty good now, and 2) If I don't know where someplace is, I either can choose not to go there, or, I can Google it. ( I don't know how they came up with the name "Google") I would have called it "Blondes in Bikinis". It would serve the same purpose, but with a little more flair. "What browser do you use? (me) "I use Blondes in Bikinis", (them) "Ahh, good choice. Do they have pictures?"

Now, as I sit here with scotch in hand getting ready to go practice for a while, I wonder how did we ever survive the '50's, '60's, '70's, and a large part of the '80's without out all this stuff, and I also wonder why the young people of today can't survive on a day to day basis without their cell phones, can't spell (boyz, girlz, cuz, etc.) and haven't a clue where Canada is, let alone the nearest gas station.

User Info Menu

Hello?
    Hello?

Is this thing on???
    -Brian

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Wow, this thing is jacked up now, LOL.
    -Brian

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Modern technology, you have to love it. I can turn on my PC and learn about this (which I think I know) to that (of which I haven't a clue) and it tells me everything I want to know, and some stuff I don't.

We have become so dependent on these technological marvels that we have to have the ability to know nothing so we can get the information from our PC's, laptops, Iphones, and the 4 year old kid down the block.

Then when a massive foul up happens (which is inevitable), we go into the bathroom, look at the bowl, and have to get our copy of "Flushing For Idiots" to remember what to do with whatever we do.

Sometimes I miss the old days when your phone came in a variety of colors, black, or maybe black, with a cord that only went 6 ' and not these phones today where you can travel 1/2 way around the world and still not lose the SOB that you didn't want to talk to in the first place. When you could work on your car in the backyard without needing the JPL people for assistance, and it didn't talk to you and tell that you just missed your turn for California and are now headed for North Dakota.

I bought a GPS when I 1st moved to NC, and it works so good that it tells me that I have reached my destination when I hit the bottom of my driveway.

When I bought my no longer new Mustang, I didn't opt for the built-in GPS and Recaro seats because 1) I can get around pretty good now, and 2) If I don't know where someplace is, I either can choose not to go there, or, I can Google it. ( I don't know how they came up with the name "Google") I would have called it "Blondes in Bikinis". It would serve the same purpose, but with a little more flair. "What browser do you use? (me) "I use Blondes in Bikinis", (them) "Ahh, good choice. Do they have pictures?"

Now, as I sit here with scotch in hand getting ready to go practice for a while, I wonder how did we ever survive the '50's, '60's, '70's, and a large part of the '80's without out all this stuff, and I also wonder why the young people of today can't survive on a day to day basis without their cell phones, can't spell (boyz, girlz, cuz, etc.) and haven't a clue where Canada is, let alone the nearest gas station.
    Rick, I believe you hit the nail PERFECTLY on it's head. The search engine name though? It's probably a pr0n site, if ya catch my drift.

As you know me and knowing that I've been in the Information Technology business now for what.... almost 30 years now? I can tell you my friend, when I go home at night, barring I'm not helping one of my screaming end users at work because they can't get their cordless mouse to work because they don't understand that it uses a battery and they go dead, I usually have a book in my hands.
    Stolen from EddieV:

User Info Menu

Modern technology, you have to love it. . . . without their cell phones, can't spell (boyz, girlz, cuz, etc.) and haven't a clue where Canada is, let alone the nearest gas station.
    Beautiful rant.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by G-man View Post
    Beautiful rant.

1 of these days I'll count them to be sure, but I figure it's somewhere between 1 and 700.

That's not counting the 1's when I was really pi$$ed.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Markadiddle View Post
    Rick, I believe you hit the nail PERFECTLY on it's head. The search engine name though? It's probably a pr0n site, if ya catch my drift.

As you know me and knowing that I've been in the Information Technology business now for what.... almost 30 years now? I can tell you my friend, when I go home at night, barring I'm not helping one of my screaming end users at work because they can't get their cordless mouse to work because they don't understand that it uses a battery and they go dead, I usually have a book in my hands.

I disconnect my phone around midnight. My friends in Jersey know that I'm up till at least 4, but if there was anything important, they would have called me by 12.

I know that, with what you do, that you have to be available at all times. I don't, and I'm eternally grateful for that.

I just got tired of the phone ringing at 8 in the morning and it's Joe&Bills Bar&Grill&Mortgage Co. wanting to know if I want to refinance my house with them. After a while, I just started answering this way: "Better be damn good because you just woke my butt up". (Boy, did I clean that up) and then I just started disconnecting it.

A couple of weeks ago, I forgot to pull the plug. The phone rings around 8:30 and it's my insurance company wanting to talk to me about my home insurance. I asked the lady who called if my house was on fire, she said no, so I told her to call me in 6 hours and hung up.

If I were you, I would tape a note to their computer that says "batteries make the world go round, so buy some Duracells and stick them.............................................. ...................in your desk drawer".

User Info Menu

I disconnect my phone around midnight. My friends in Jersey know that I'm up till at least 4, but if there was anything important, they would have called me by 12.

I know that, with what you do, that you have to be available at all times. I don't, and I'm eternally grateful for that.

I just got tired of the phone ringing at 8 in the morning and it's Joe&Bills Bar&Grill&Mortgage Co. wanting to know if I want to refinance my house with them. After a while, I just started answering this way: "Better be damn good because you just woke my butt up". (Boy, did I clean that up) and then I just started disconnecting it.

A couple of weeks ago, I forgot to pull the plug. The phone rings around 8:30 and it's my insurance company wanting to talk to me about my home insurance. I asked the lady who called if my house was on fire, she said no, so I told her to call me in 6 hours and hung up.

If I were you, I would tape a note to their computer that says "batteries make the world go round, so buy some Duracells and stick them.............................................. ...................in your desk drawer".
    You old fuddy duddy.

User Info Menu

You old fuddy duddy.

Fuddy duddy, Tom, really, fuddy duddy.

User Info Menu

Fuddy duddy, Tom, really, fuddy duddy.
    Yea, did I stutter?