Thread: Help?

User Info Menu

Default Help?

Soo, my old kits starting to fall apart, (begginer kit, coming close on 3 years, suprised it didnt happen earlier)

But, my the lugs, the part it screws into, the inside broke, not pulled out, it litterally cracked and broke, still attached to the lug

This has happened twice on my floor tom, one on top, so i flipped it, then on that side, and on the snare now

Anyone got any ideas on a kit thats cheap and good at the same time?

User Info Menu

Default Hey Man

you can get a gretsch maple kit for 699 with no hardware,a mapex m birch kit with hardware for 820 there are more good deals out there just depends on how much you can spend weather you need hardware. Or you can do what i do and buy used you can buy a much higher quality kit for the money you have just take your time and look...look...look !!
    E Drums !! !

There are no loud instruments just loud players !

Protect Your Hearing !!!!

User Info Menu

gretsch catalina club mod
    i have it and i love the kit
    you can get it without hardware for about 600 maybe less

User Info Menu

=/

Im probably gonna have to go used, which is going to be hard, most used kits fail, or their abused

User Info Menu

whats your price limit?? and what was your old kit?

User Info Menu

my old kit, was a overcharged piece of crap no name from the local music store, 500 dollars for it -.- worst spent money ever

And i dunno, i dont really have a limit, its more like, suggest it, and ill see whati can do kinda thing, im probably just gonna have to play on these *drums* until next year when i can get a job

User Info Menu

ill do some digging around for yah mmmmkay??

User Info Menu

thanks a lot bud, im thinking about the catalina club, thats probably gonna be my best bet, or i was looking at the catalina ash, extra tom, 100 bucks more, but its got a bit of hardware, the hardware i need at least

hmm, ill have to check it out

User Info Menu

i love my club mod dude
    but you cant really go wrong with gretsch =]

User Info Menu

catalina ash with the extra tom is a killer deal.

User Info Menu

Another thing you can do for not much money is re-fit the lugs. Lugs are available from drum part places on line as well as you the small harware bits you would need for a revamp. Not tons of skill needed. Somes basic household tools actually. May keep you going fine till your ship comes in. Also you can get something for the drums cause they wont be all broken.

all the best...

User Info Menu

I bought my present kit off of Craigslist. Im gonna tool around on these Pacifics until I need a better set. Although I think I may stay with PDP's I really like the sound.
    Dave

Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi
    RIP my friend

Proud member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"

User Info Menu

I Play the tama swing star and i like the sound for a beginner set. but i heard great things about the mapex pro m series( comes with hard ware ) and the gretsch cat. mapel or the pearl vison series