Thread: Closer to talent show

User Info Menu

Default Closer to talent show

Well it's getting closer to the talent show next Friday. Took some time off of practice to relax and unwind. Start practice tomorrow thru Wednesday pack drums up Thurs night. Looking forward to this years talent show. Wish I had a better Zildjian ride for jazz but mine will do just fine. I'm not going to play anything fancy keeping it simple and at a tempo that I am comfortable at. I don't want to make any mistakes and look like a fool that doesn't know what he is doing. Well I will let you all know how I did next Friday night.

Keep drumming

Gregg

User Info Menu

Default Re: Closer to talent show

Good Luck! Just Remember; Jazz is an art form...like poetry or impressionist painting. It's nothing but a series of mistakes strung together to make the total package. If you do screw up, just act like you meant to do it and no one will know.

OK...maybe that's not the best advice. I just made that up. Regardless, you'll do great.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Good luck Gregg. You can do it man. Just take a deep breath before you begin and show em what you got.

User Info Menu

Good luck !! Or as we say in show business ...BREAK A LEG !
    You're going to do just fine .
    Remember to have fun and make new friends !
    Rudy .