Thread: Getting rather proud of myself !

User Info Menu

Default Getting rather proud of myself !

2nd drum kit, an intermediate, but the tuning is getting easier. Damn, I must be learning ! Got rid of the snare buzz in short order, while still liking my toms. Thanks in large part to the posts I've found here. Loved the trick of putting a kick patch under my snare wires. Not too thick, just right.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Getting rather proud of myself !

I've still never tried that trick but now i need to!

User Info Menu

I need to try the kick patch never heard that one
    Mapex Saturn flat black maple burl. 2 up 2 down. Mapex black panther black widow snare,Ludwig Acrolite,Ludwig Supraphonic,Tama SLP power maple.

User Info Menu

Could always try tuning.

User Info Menu

Aquarian makes a snare reso with small patches on the ends where the snare wires rest which could do the same as the kick patch maybe?

From Aquarian:

"Quote"-

A clear, single ply, thin weight (3mil) snare side drumhead with a special material at each end of the head where the snare wires rest. This helps to prevent punctures due to broken snare wires.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Aquarian makes a snare reso with small patches on the ends where the snare wires rest which could do the same as the kick patch maybe?

From Aquarian:

"Quote"-

A clear, single ply, thin weight (3mil) snare side drumhead with a special material at each end of the head where the snare wires rest. This helps to prevent punctures due to broken snare wires.

I WILL be trying that on my next snare! Thanks!
    Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    "I shall either find a way or make one"